XPEL PPF Thread

1. JoeBelt

JoeBelt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    Liked:
    My JLU has been in the shop for the past few days getting an @XPEL treatment (grill, hood, front and rear fenders, a-pillars). Apparently, the product pieces had to be special ordered and the piece for the hood that arrived was intended for a JK, so the installer had to request the correct piece for the JL. So far the installer seems good, has solid reviews online, and has kept me up to speed with the incorrect part being delivered. So far so good. I was a bit surprised they went the direction of ordering pre-cut pieces to cover whole panels.

For those that have done XPEL on the JL did your installer order pre-cut pieces for each panel or do everything by hand? My quote was $2,650 for those interested.

2. BrntWS6

BrntWS6 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
    Liked:
    From what i have read pre cut is safer from accidental cuts into the surface. I have been looking at front end kits to try it myself. Probably start with door sills to get a feel for it first.

3. 1idrod

1idrod Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod, 16 Hobie Outback, 17 Jackson Cuda, 08 RZR
    Liked:
    I was quoted today $6200 for grill, hood, front quarters painted fenders, doors and rear quarters with painted fenders. No thank you !!

4. OP
    OP
    JoeBelt

JoeBelt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    Liked:
    That does sound obnoxiously high. One issue may be that @XPEL doesn’t have the plotter files available for some areas of the JL making it a custom job. I just received my Jeep today and only the front face of the rear fenders are wrapped. I was expecting the whole fender, but I’d be willing to bet the plotter only cuts the front.

Installers pay for a subscription, so if you ask for something that isn’t yet available it becomes custom.

5. Goin2drt

Goin2drt Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
    Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
    Liked:
    I got mine done months and months ago. My guy had the software and pattern for everything minus the rear section around the windows so not sure why yours didn’t. He cuts all his own patterns and then custom when needed. It’s been available for months, like if I remember mine was done last June or so.

I did all painted surfaces except top of the roof and rear gate. $3,800 or so.

1idrod likes this.