Not open for further replies.

ufgtrs07

First Name
Haysam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2019 M2 Competition, 2021 GT4
That would be a looooong drive for you. Are you going to ship it?
The plan as of right now is to do a 14 day trip through Ranier, Glacier, Yellowstone, Moab and Canyonlands, Denver, and back home with my brother and good friend.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
All factory orders require a $1k deposit. I can ball park trade numbers for anyone interested in ordering something but if it is something like this that is going to take a while to get here those numbers are subject to change with market pricing. No word on pricing yet, probably in a month or so.
i'm more interested in a JL Mojave at this point, it Jeep seems to have dropped the ball on that one. any word on if / when we will see that? i'm happy to out down 1k to order one, almost bought a JT, but it's just too long.

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Stick option?

Sad

True
Pretty sure it’s only an automatic with flappy paddles. But I’m really hoping I’m wrong and there’s an option.

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
I wanted to make sure everyone knew that starting tomorrow (11/19/20) we can order the new Wrangler Rubicon 392. Just like with the Wrangler 4xe we can place the order but do not know the pricing. Pricing should be available some time next month. If you have questions or are interested in ordering one you can DM me.

Hello Paul,

I'm brand new to this forum (never been on any forum for that matter ), but YES. I am very interested in pre-ordering one of these Jeep's. I had done quite a bit of research on getting a Jeep with the 3 Liter Turbo Diesel , but just recently discovered the 392 so I'm in "catch-up & learn' mode. Any info and or an ordering form would be appreciated.
Thank You Kindly,
V/R
~Justin

Edit in: I assume there's a different form I'm to fill in/check the box relative to what was published within this thread. Thanks Again :)

Sponsored

Laserflorida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
left deposit over weekend but dealer notified me today that they could take order but cant order with sky touch roof yet. any similar stories?

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I had no problem ordering with Sky one-touch, but the dual door group was not available for me.

Laserflorida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
I followed up with jeep.com - chat - customer service and they said they do not see sky touch roof as option yet

The_Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Business Owner
Will the tow rating increase with the 392?

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo

Sponsored

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Will the tow rating increase with the 392?
I heard it's staying at 3,500 and another source said 4,500, so???
I believe there's a weight ratio, the trailer weight being hauled must be relative to the weight of the GVW (the Jeep and passengers) hauling it and said vehicle's axle ratio (There's other variables as well). So, even if we're good to say 6,500 lbs with the 392, another issue is air circulation under the hood, or rather, an overheating contention. This being the concern I'm having as I definitely want to tow as well, and using a process of elimination, I think the 3,500 limit comes down to overheating concerns.

Example: the 3.6, 2L Turbo & 3L Turbo Diesel all have around the same horsepower; however, the diesel's torque nearly doubles the 3.6 & 2L Turbo. You'd think our towing capability would raise at least somewhat with the 3L Turbo Diesel. Nope, all 3 engines in a new Wrangler are rated with a 3,500lbs max tow capacity.

I'm curious to know if there's an electrical upgrade that usually is included when one gets the tow package. Currently, again my understanding, the alternator is 180 amp in the 392 whereas the tow package option on other models come with a 240 amp alternator.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
I heard it's staying at 3,500 and another source said 4,500, so???

I'm curious to know if there's an electrical upgrade that usually is included when one gets the tow package. Currently, again my understanding, the alternator is 180 amp in the 392 whereas the tow package option on other models come with a 240 amp alternator.
The tow capacity of the 392 is indeed 3500 just like the rest. The standard alternator for the 392 is 220 amp (BAJ) per the standard features list.

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
left deposit over weekend but dealer notified me today that they could take order but cant order with sky touch roof yet. any similar stories?
I placed my order with Paul on Friday and found out that there is apparently an issue with color choice and dual door group - I could get the dual doors in black but not Hydro Blue. Similar issue happened with the JLUR I ordered for my GF in Oct, placed the order for dual doors in Chief Blue and FCA contacted the dealer and we had to cancel the doors or change the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.