Wrangler JL Door Hinge Bushing Replacement

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone replaced their door hinge bushings? I have a new Wrangler JL and after removing and replacing the doors several times, there is a noticeable clicking when the doors open and close. I've tried smoothing down the pins and coating with lithium grease, but to no avail. I know there is an option to replace the stock aluminum bushings with the Delrin synthetic bushings, but wanted to check on people's experiences before I go this route. I don't want to trade a small annoyance with a big problem by knocking my door hinges out of alignment while trying to remove the old ones. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Had them in my JK, have them in my JL, smooth as butter. Tiny bit more effort to remove stock ones but nothing to worry about. Also, if you don't have a set of these, get them. Makes putting the doors back on easier.
Screenshot_20200825-183503_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Austin23

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Check this thread before purchasing any bushings:

Thanks for the passing along the good info on the attached thread. Unfortunately, its sounds like the creaking doors are a common issue with no easy fix.

Jerolife

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl sport
Occupation
Has waste process engineering
Has anyone replaced their door hinge bushings? I have a new Wrangler JL and after removing and replacing the doors several times, there is a noticeable clicking when the doors open and close. I've tried smoothing down the pins and coating with lithium grease, but to no avail. I know there is an option to replace the stock aluminum bushings with the Delrin synthetic bushings, but wanted to check on people's experiences before I go this route. I don't want to trade a small annoyance with a big problem by knocking my door hinges out of alignment while trying to remove the old ones. Thanks for any input!
I’m replacing mine tomorrow

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Had them in my JK, have them in my JL, smooth as butter. Tiny bit more effort to remove stock ones but nothing to worry about. Also, if you don't have a set of these, get them. Makes putting the doors back on easier.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler JL Door Hinge Bushing Replacement Screenshot_20200825-183503_Amazon Shoppin
Looks like a nice mod for next Spring. Doubt I'll be taking my doors off anymore this year..:-(
Sponsored