joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
so at 10:30 they finished with the alignment and all seems ok now - off to Maine now - hopefully it' still good on the highway at 75. I'll update the post about the loose fender when I get back - have a Jeepin' great weekend y'all!!
Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I bet you will NEVER forget the sound that wheel made. I had a similar episode many years ago and never forgot the sound. Been there, done that, but luckily for me I got out and inspected the source of the noise and discovered the loose lug nuts before tragedy struck. Sorry it happened to you, glad no one was hurt. Time for some serious complaints at the dealership.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I wouldn't "lawyer up" yet. That's just asking for a good, well fill in the blank. I would contact @JeepCares and FCA. That's totally uncalled for and not even remotely professional. Good luck:like:
I hate to say this but FCA is more then likely going to tell you that it's the fault of poor workmanship at the Dealer not FCA problem . Good Luck !

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
A lady that I work said her husband got his Mazda back from the dealer---and they forgot to put oil in it during an oil change! Jeez, IF I were a young man I would go to school to be a mechanic and then make a million fixing dealers' mistakes.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I would absolutely demand a buyback. That Jeep has now been wrecked. The value has taken a hit. I wouldn’t trust the dealer at all that there wasn’t any further damage. They are going to try and repair just what you notice.

I’d lawyer up immediately and contact Jeep corporate.

Zero way I’d accept a wrecked new car that is 100% dealers fault.

I also would absolutely talk to your insurance. They would have taken it to an independent shop who won’t BS you with what is broken and if it’s major parts insurance will scrap it. Let them go after the dealership for the cost.
This is solely a issue between the dealer and the OP. FCA has no liability here nor would they get involved in any buyback talk and treat it as a insurance issue between the dealer and the OP.

Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
This is solely a issue between the dealer and the OP. FCA has no liability here nor would they get involved in any buyback talk and treat it as a insurance issue between the dealer and the OP.
This country has cornered the market on abdicating responsibility. It's ridiculous.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
If the dealership was negligent in providing services that were contracted by Jeep proper then absolutely Jeep is liable.

This was a Jeep authorized service center and I imagine this was one of the free service visits with Jeep wave.

So I wouldn’t say Jeep is in the clear here. Me personally, if my car was involved in a wreck (and this was a wreck) due to negligence during Jeep provided service then I would absolutely look into vehicle replacement.

I would take it to Jeep and the dealership and let them fight it out. If they refused I’d also likely talk to my insurance company for a body shop they recommend to see if any damage was done the dealership isn’t being forthcoming about.

The dealer screwed up providing a service for Jeep Corp and both Jeep and the Dealer have every incentive to say it’s fine. Nothing damaged. We will just put that wheel back on and you’ll be fine. But when that warranty ends and something related to this breaks prematurely or if this ends up being reported when you try to sell you have lost significant value due to said negligence.

If I had s mechanic I trust who was happy with the work and this wasn’t something that would go on a. Used car sales report then maybe...maybe.

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
They are replacing, the front bumper, the under shield, the rim, the rotor, the lugs, the fender trim, will do complete alignment when all work is done. ETA is Friday. I told them I needed it Friday for my vacation - A Jeep trip to Maine. Hopefully it all goes smooth and they get it right the first time.
I don't know what it is about Jeep dealerships - they're the worst. If you look at old posts, too long to type over again - even with Jeep Cares involved took months to get anything resolved with issues I was having. Don't waste your time with the escalation numbers or case numbers they give you - the Jeep dealership I went to didn't even have this. It's BS.

The best was before my 2018 buyback, I spent a month waiting for parts to arrive at what was touted as THE dealership for service and care. Spent 4 hours in their showroom only to be told my JLUR was ready, crawled underneath and they installed the wrong parts.
Sponsored