"Wonky" things...

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Keeping with the original "wonky" concept, playing MP3s from a USB thumb is wonky. I'm still experimenting, but if the thumb has a "lot" of files, even within multiple directories, and you shut off the JL with the MP3 playing, when you restart the Jeep, the player will lose track of where it was. (It takes 3-4 minutes for it to re-read the USB on restart.) I'm testing to see if shutting the MP3 player off before shutting off the vehicle helps.
Sponsored

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Keeping with the original "wonky" concept, playing MP3s from a USB thumb is wonky. I'm still experimenting, but if the thumb has a "lot" of files, even within multiple directories, and you shut off the JL with the MP3 playing, when you restart the Jeep, the player will lose track of where it was. (It takes 3-4 minutes for it to re-read the USB on restart.) I'm testing to see if shutting the MP3 player off before shutting off the vehicle helps.
OK. So I turned off the radio-thingy at work this morning. Waited a couple of minutes after starting the Jeep to turn it back on this evening, and it worked fine, picking up where it left off. But picking up the dog after work, doing the same thing, and it reset again.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I did mention this thread in my first post. This isn’t meant to be a second thread of things people don’t like, this is meant to be things that seem to be working incorrectly.

I drove to work today with the top down and doors off, little chilly BUT... my ESS worked today. I don’t know why yesterday it was... wonky.
My guess is the cabin temp sensor was too hot yesterday and thought it had to keep the engine running for the AC.

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
From the manual...This should answer your question. Apparently when the drivers door is open it will not activate:

Possible Reasons The Engine Does Not Autostop
Prior to engine shut down, the system will check many
safety and comfort conditions to see if they are fulfilled.
Detailed information about the operation of the Stop/Start
system may be viewed in the instrument cluster display
Stop/Start Screen. In the following situations, the engine
will not stop:
• Driver’s seat belt is not buckled.
• Driver’s door is not closed.
• Battery temperature is too warm or cold.
• Battery charge is low.
• The vehicle is on a steep grade.
• Cabin heating or cooling is in process and an acceptable
cabin temperature has not been achieved.
• HVAC is set to full defrost mode at a high blower speed.
• HVAC set to MAX A/C.
• Engine has not reached normal operating temperature.
• Engine temperature too high.
• The transmission is not in a forward gear.
• Hood is open.
• Transfer case is in 4LO or Neutral
• Brake pedal is not pressed with sufficient pressure.
Other Factors Which Can Inhibit Autostop Include:
• Accelerator pedal input.
• Vehicle speed threshold not achieved from previous
auto-stop.
• Steering angle beyond threshold. (ESS Models Only)
• ACC is on and speed is set.
• Vehicle is at high altitude
• System fault present
Can anyone tell me what is the definition of "high altitude"? I live at 8200 feet and haven't had a chance to take it higher.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
OK. So I turned off the radio-thingy at work this morning. Waited a couple of minutes after starting the Jeep to turn it back on this evening, and it worked fine, picking up where it left off. But picking up the dog after work, doing the same thing, and it reset again.
This reminds me of what I found when using Bluetooth streaming, if you are streaming and you shut the Jeep off normally with the music playing, it will default to radio when you start it back up. However if you turn the head unit off prior to shutting off the Jeep, the radio will resume playing Bluetooth after you turn its power back on.
Sponsored