ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere

And

DED Jeep doesn't have parking sensors? Teraflex does?

Very interesting. I foresee some seatbelts being buckled in unsafe manors to overcome autopark...
Sponsored

Reactions: Gus
OP
OP
ThrillerR1

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
I wonder if you can shut this of in the menu somewhere?
I think it's a built in safety feature. I browsed the owners manual (first edition) and I don't recall seeing it

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
It seems clear that the Teraflex video was a misunderstanding. The problem appears to be seat belt and maybe a door not being closed; the proximity sensor is a red herring.

(And if you’re doing any driving other than a few feet in your driveway without a seatbelt I hope you have no children who will mourn your passing/have to pay your medical bills.)

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
(And if you’re doing any driving other than a few feet in your driveway without a seatbelt I hope you have no children who will mourn your passing/have to pay your medical bills.)
I do a lot of driving in wildlife preserves, and down stone untraveled roads looking for wildlife to photograph. Most of the times under 15 MPH. Jumping in and out often along the routs. I could not stand the constant dinging of the seatbelt alarm. I bought a Bullydog GT Jeep Tuner and that took care of that problem. Of corse the tuner has a bunch of other features but being able to shut that dinger off is worth the $450 to me.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I do a lot of driving in wildlife preserves, and down stone untraveled roads looking for wildlife to photograph. Most of the times under 15 MPH. Jumping in and out often along the routs. I could not stand the constant dinging of the seatbelt alarm. I bought a Bullydog GT Jeep Tuner and that took care of that problem. Of corse the tuner has a bunch of other features but being able to shut that dinger off is worth the $450 to me.
You don't need a tuner to disable the seatbelt chime. Just put the key in, turn it two clicks so that ignition is on but not started. When the seat belt light goes on, buckle and unbuckle your seat belt three times rapidly. The chime will turn off forever more...

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need a tuner to disable the seatbelt chime. Just put the key in, turn it two clicks so that ignition is on but not started. When the seat belt light goes on, buckle and unbuckle your seat belt three times rapidly. The chime will turn off forever more...
The JL doesn't have a keyed ignition.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Bump^

I'm still having a problem, what is the fix? Happened twice, driving me nuts