Wireless CarPlay dongles?

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I need this for android. Android auto worked great for a week, then it's been flaky to gone. Cable changes, cleaning the port, etc. Junk.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had mine for almost two months and zero issues, by the time I get in the Jeep and put on my seatbelt and get settled it’s connected so by the time I start the Jeep it’s ready to.

I recently moved it to the center console and has zero effects on connection and I have a long usb cable for charging that I connected to the back side of the center console and connecting does not interfere with it at all as the one usb on the right charges only.

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
I have had it since early February with no issues. you get into the car with phone in pocket start the Jeep and you have your carplay
Sweet! And music quality good?

Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I’ve had mine for almost two months and zero issues, by the time I get in the Jeep and put on my seatbelt and get settled it’s connected so by the time I start the Jeep it’s ready to.

I recently moved it to the center console and has zero effects on connection and I have a long usb cable for charging that I connected to the back side of the center console and connecting does not interfere with it at all as the one usb on the right charges only.
And the other great news according to the jeep manuel is after an hour the USB is turned off so it doesn't drain the battery

Nonskid

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
My new Jeep is On order So I don't have it yet but am I the only one who thought android auto and CarPlay would be wireless from the factory?

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My new Jeep is On order So I don't have it yet but am I the only one who thought android auto and CarPlay would be wireless from the factory?
I'm not sure I believe it's available on the Wagoneer

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The vast majority of the time, I don’t want to charge my phone. I just want CarPlay. I don’t want to take my phone out of my pocket either. When I take my phone out of my pocket in the Jeep, I leave it there by accident a fair amount. Wireless CarPlay with a plug in fallback is a great option for me. At the end of the day it depends on the person I suppose but wireless CarPlay is a huge feature for me.
I agree, for general putting around it becomes a pain to plug your phone in each time you go out. I do plug in for long trips, but for running errands or short trips my Carlink 2.0 works wonderfully. Also, most rental cars now come with carplay or android auto so you just take your dongle with you on a trip and plug it in. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I agree, for general putting around it becomes a pain to plug your phone in each time you go out. I do plug in for long trips, but for running errands or short trips my Carlink 2.0 works wonderfully. Also, most rental cars now come with carplay or android auto so you just take your dongle with you on a trip and plug it in. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience.
I agree and I don't know if you are aware but leaving the wireless car play will not effect your battery because after you shut the car off within an hour the USB shuts off

Sponsored

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see a working comparison of Carlink 2.0 and the AirCarPlayQ for functionality. Consistent connection, etc.. I have a Carlink 2.0 and though I really do like it, it does have some inconsistencies when connecting. Sometimes it will connect right up and present my maps and resume my spotify playlist, other times it will start up my maps without any audio, and other times it will take a bit to bluetooth connect.. Nothing really that bad, just inconsistent.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I'd like to see a working comparison of Carlink 2.0 and the AirCarPlayQ for functionality. Consistent connection, etc.. I have a Carlink 2.0 and though I really do like it, it does have some inconsistencies when connecting. Sometimes it will connect right up and present my maps and resume my spotify playlist, other times it will start up my maps without any audio, and other times it will take a bit to bluetooth connect.. Nothing really that bad, just inconsistent.
Well Tim I have the Wireless Csr Play that I bought on Amazon and truthfully I haven't had an issue since I got it 4 months ago. Yes every so often It will start up the Jeep and it might take a minute but it also might be the area the Jeep is in with WIFI

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My 2.0 does occasionally not play automatically ( I use Apple Music ) but a simple touch of play on the screen away it goes, it does sometimes take as long as 15-20 secs to connect but even with a few bugs here and there it’s 100% better than a cord as I can have my phone in a pocket and it does it’s thing, I have never had to unplug the dongle to get it to reset I’m just patient and it seems to fix it self most of the time

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My 2.0 does occasionally not play automatically ( I use Apple Music ) but a simple touch of play on the screen away it goes, it does sometimes take as long as 15-20 secs to connect but even with a few bugs here and there it’s 100% better than a cord as I can have my phone in a pocket and it does it’s thing, I have never had to unplug the dongle to get it to reset I’m just patient and it seems to fix it self most of the time
I agree same here

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I've been using my Carlinkit3.0 from the carlinkitcarplay store on the website for years now. We recently transitioned to 2021, and it still works great. Actually seems to work better now than it did in 2017. I no longer get dropoffs.
Sponsored