First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I cracked my windshield back in November, and since then the crack has grown significantly, and I'm finally annoyed enough to replace it. I didn't have glass coverage on my insurance (not available in my state???) and my deductible was $500 (since dropped to $100), so it's out of pocket for me. I got an online quote from SafeLite, and it was ~$650ish. Then I found some local place, and the quote is almost exactly half, $312, at a place with good Yelp reviews. Even if it's aftermarket, not OEM, glass, I'm willing to roll the dice on the cheaper place. And if it cracks again, I lowered my deductible to $100, I'll go through insurance at the more $$$ place next time.

Thoughts? Should the $300 place be setting off alarm bells for me?
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I cracked my windshield back in November, and since then the crack has grown significantly, and I'm finally annoyed enough to replace it. I didn't have glass coverage on my insurance (not available in my state???) and my deductible was $500 (since dropped to $100), so it's out of pocket for me. I got an online quote from SafeLite, and it was ~$650ish. Then I found some local place, and the quote is almost exactly half, $312, at a place with good Yelp reviews. Even if it's aftermarket, not OEM, glass, I'm willing to roll the dice on the cheaper place. And if it cracks again, I lowered my deductible to $100, I'll go through insurance at the more $$$ place next time.

Thoughts? Should the $300 place be setting off alarm bells for me?
Use the local windshield shop. Aftermarket glass, which I used for my crack at 425 miles, is holding up better than the Mopar glass. I've put 11k miles so far since replacement. Installed in my driveway for $330.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I need to replace mine and have also wondered about aftermarket versus MOPAR windshields. Aftermarket may not have the cool Jeep sticker but it may be more conventional, i.e. thicker than the OE glass and hold up better.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I need to replace mine and have also wondered about aftermarket versus MOPAR windshields. Aftermarket may not have the cool Jeep sticker but it may be more conventional, i.e. thicker than the OE glass and hold up better.
Stickers can be bought on eBay for $10, they aren't an exact match but looks decent, only none Wrangler folks go gaga when they see them, and they won't notice the difference.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Just did mine for 300 non oem and acoustic...
Sponsored