Windshield Antenna?

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
We're waiting on a new windshield after catching a rock. After three weeks the tech who we've been using for years shows up with a windshield with the imbedded antenna. He said that is what he was sent. I tell him that is not the correct windshield. He does some checking and says the antenna was for a "diversity" radio. Anybody got a clue about that? We measured the replacement and it was definitely for a JL. Anyway, I rejected the replacement. Correct on is coming in about two weeks.
"Diversity" radio likely gets a broader range of radio stations covering many ethnic classes in a particular community. :)
Sponsored

JMyatt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Over in WF, a new JL owner is having to replace his cracked windshield.

He is insisting that some JL's come with an antenna imbedded into the glass. Have any of you heard of this? If true, what is it for? The AM/FM antenna is on the passenger side front fender, and the satellite (GPS, Sirius) antenna is up in the speaker bar, no?

I haven't seen a vehicle with an antenna imbedded into the windshield since the 1970's GM vehicles.
I just got a replacement windshield and it has something embedded on passenger top with a plug in! I don’t know what it is. I’ll post a pic
Seems like it would need to have a connection point at the bottom, to somehow allow for the windshield to fold, almost like the defroster on a hard top.
it has a button like connector that is very close to the rear view mirror. I assumed it was for some onstar like upgrade.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
it has a button like connector that is very close to the rear view mirror. I assumed it was for some onstar like upgrade.
@JMyatt
You assumed wrong.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I just had mine replaced a few weeks ago and they brought the one with the built in wire and noticed immediately that it was not the same do to my cracked one did not have it

so they came back the next day with the correct one that had no built in wire

I have the OEM part number if anyone would like to have it

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The European DAB+ antenna (instead of the US HD radio) would make sense to be integrated into the windshield. If thats the difference having it should not be an issue even if not used in US.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I just had mine replaced a few weeks ago and they brought the one with the built in wire and noticed immediately that it was not the same do to my cracked one did not have it

so they came back the next day with the correct one that had no built in wire

I have the OEM part number if anyone would like to have it
After reading thru 10 pages of this topic, curiosity got the better of me. My original part # is below & the windshield has no wires up near the frit or anywhere. Earlier in this thread, Bill showed an original part # of ~AB... what's yours?

@DanW … how about yours?

windshield.jpg

Brock041

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Brock041

Not to be rude, but to repeat, you have the WRONG windshield installed in your JLU. You don't want to believe it then don't. Not my Rubi so I could give a chitt.

Did you think to look at the part number on the windshield before you let them pull the damaged window? Daaaah..
Glad I got a 2019 windshield in my 2018

Since it’s the wrong one and all

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
"Diversity" radio likely gets a broader range of radio stations covering many ethnic classes in a particular community. :)
Probably also has LGBT channels as well!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It’s for digital radio. It’s a DAB antenna.
You posted on a 5 year old post. Lol. The current JL doesn't have an antenna in the windshield. The new Gen 24s have one but again, it's for AM/FM. Digital in North America is Sirius and that antenna is on the roll bar. We don't use DAB in North America.
Sponsored