Sponsored

Window Auto up modification

ard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
anyone have an idea if you could use the buttons from a replacement oem switch panel to get auto down on the rear windows?
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Should be able to do that. It in the programming

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
anyone have an idea if you could use the buttons from a replacement oem switch panel to get auto down on the rear windows?
I dont think so. The controls are part of the switch assembly not the rockers.

JL23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I cannot give an accurate release date yet, but best guess is late this year. We are first working on another Wrangler JL specific product we actually expect to release first. but it is super secret at the moment. ;)
What would be great is if there was a way to have a “one-touch” all four windows auto-down/up feature. To add on if there was a “one-touch” for the power-top and windows to open/close.

Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
You can add a second module for the rear windows which will add auto up and down. I used to install these modules all the time. I have a couple from a previous car that I plan on installing when I have some time. They were awesome with an aftermarket alarm. They would add auto up and down from the switches, when the alarm was armed the windows would roll up, and I could vent the windows down a couple of inches with an aux channel on the remote. I also had it wired so the windows would roll up if the wireless “radar” sensor was triggered.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
You can add a second module for the rear windows which will add auto up and down. I used to install these modules all the time. I have a couple from a previous car that I plan on installing when I have some time. They were awesome with an aftermarket alarm. They would add auto up and down from the switches, when the alarm was armed the windows would roll up, and I could vent the windows down a couple of inches with an aux channel on the remote. I also had it wired so the windows would roll up if the wireless “radar” sensor was triggered.
You have to be careful. On the master switch, you have a switch to turn off the back window controls. I noticed when you toggle that switch, the polarity switches for the rear windows... Would need to be careful wiring it and not use the lockout switch!

On a side note, I am working on building a harness so that this is plug-n-play, no splicing...

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
You have to be careful. On the master switch, you have a switch to turn off the back window controls. I noticed when you toggle that switch, the polarity switches for the rear windows... Would need to be careful wiring it and not use the lockout switch!

On a side note, I am working on building a harness so that this is plug-n-play, no splicing...
Thanks for the warning. I’ll have to make sure to check the wiring when I’m working with the rear windows.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Great work. I just don't understand why most American manufacturers don't include auto-up (some do driver only). Actually, I know it's because of safety but it's ridiculous they can't figure out a solution. The Germans have it figured out. I've had multiple German vehicles with auto-up and it's fantastic and I haven't lost an arm yet.
In my experience it's not that the manufacturers can't do it, it's that their legal departments won't let them do it. Here in the States we're the most litigious market the manufacturers have to deal with. Americans will sue over pretty much anything, even when the fault is clearly "user-error". As a motorcycle rider of over forty years, I've watched helmet manufacturers refuse to sell their products in the States anymore because (and this actually happened, more than once), American riders and their family members have sued helmet manufacturers for family members not surviving motorcycle accidents, where the family member was clearly speeding and operating the motorcycle recklessly, had an accident, and died. In one case the rider was decapitated, and they still sued the Helmet maker. Another rider sued because he crashed at high speeds, and the helmet actually saved his life, but he was paralyzed by the accident, and he sued to try to get the Helmet maker to pay him millions of dollars because he now had to live paralyzed for life, and had the helmet not worked properly, he would have died, and therefore not been paralyzed for life. It's truly insane, and I don't blame the American Manufacturers for not playing along.

Rant over.

Best,
-Tim

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Rant over.
Great...so how does that explain the fact that my Uncle's 2018 Durango, which literally shares some of the dash/switchgear with our Wranglers, has Auto-Up windows?

Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Great...so how does that explain the fact that my Uncle's 2018 Durango, which literally shares some of the dash/switchgear with our Wranglers, has Auto-Up windows?
You're talking about a vehicle that has Auto-Up Windows, I'm talking about vehicles that don't have Auto-Up Windows. I have no idea why your Uncle's 2018 Durango HAS Auto-Up Windows, but I've got a pretty good idea why our Jeep Wrangler JL's DON'T HAVE Auto-Up Windows, because of their legal departments. Your statement even gives that more credence, the Manufacturer obviously has the technology to do Auto-Up, as they do it with some of the same "dash/switchgear" that is used on the Wrangler. They have the technology, the legal department won't let them put it on the Jeeps.

My experience, Your Mileage May Vary.

Best,
-Tim

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well why I am quarantined, I finally installed the 535 and have a problem. I wired it exactly as the OP outlined. Went to programming mode by grounding the red/white wire. Both front windows were down to start. Powered up, held the up button on drivers side, after a few seconds it went up. Continued holding the button and the passenger went up. He was vague on when to let go of the button. I have held it up for over 5 mins and windows never cycled down. Not sure how they could since the module is only hooked to “up button”. The passenger window works as it should. The drivers window will not go back down. If I hold the up button, I can see it try to budge the window up. Hold it down, nothing. I disconnected the drivers side connections and put back to factory, window works fine up and down so nothing is fried. I tried the same step but once the driver window started up, I released it. Driver up, passenger goes up afterward. No up and down like he said during programming. Passenger side works fine, driver, nothing.
Anyone have a suggestion on what I am doing wrong? Wiring is correct. Orange/ Green is the wire I cut on drivers side to make connection with brown and blue off 535

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Well why I am quarantined, I finally installed the 535 and have a problem. I wired it exactly as the OP outlined. Went to programming mode by grounding the red/white wire. Both front windows were down to start. Powered up, held the up button on drivers side, after a few seconds it went up. Continued holding the button and the passenger went up. He was vague on when to let go of the button. I have held it up for over 5 mins and windows never cycled down. Not sure how they could since the module is only hooked to “up button”. The passenger window works as it should. The drivers window will not go back down. If I hold the up button, I can see it try to budge the window up. Hold it down, nothing. I disconnected the drivers side connections and put back to factory, window works fine up and down so nothing is fried. I tried the same step but once the driver window started up, I released it. Driver up, passenger goes up afterward. No up and down like he said during programming. Passenger side works fine, driver, nothing.
Anyone have a suggestion on what I am doing wrong? Wiring is correct. Orange/ Green is the wire I cut on drivers side to make connection with brown and blue off 535
When programming, hold the driver win up button until it starts to starts to move, then let go. The windows will cycle a few few times and should both close then vent a bit to complete the learning mode. That should be it. If that does not work, recheck your connections and make sure the red/white wire stays grounded the whole time. If and when it works, be sure to unground the red/white wire!

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well it looks like the 535 input is bad on the drivers side. The drivers side window would not go down but the passenger worked as it should. So I swapped the wiring from passenger to driver. Driver window works as should now the passenger does not work. Tells me the 535 does not recognize the input from the switch. Problem is, I bought this in Feb 2019 and just got around to installing. It was on my Corona virus list!. Thanks for the response back

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well ordered another 535 and it is doing the same thing. I have the big blue and small brown hooked to the green/orange down with off the switch. Brown to switch side, blue to motor side. Still will not let the window roll down on driver side. Work fine on passenger side. If I swap driver and passenger wiring, the driver will work but passenger will not. It is wired per the post. 18 JLUR. Any suggestions?
Sponsored