Sponsored

Auto windows (Up & Down)

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Did this ever go into production? I checked your site and can’t find any trace of it.
Does this have the safety if you put something between the window going up
?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I got slammed by someone two years ago on this thread for calling it vaporware. I still stand by that
@SSVi
@Mikejd1

The owner of SmartStopStart had good intentions and I have no doubts he would have developed a top notch auto up offering with with pinch protection as he had planned to..... but before he got the ball rolling so to speak, he had a major family issue (death in Family) and well, lots lets say, came to a grinding halt.

As for all the other such window up, offerings you see guys saying they installed.... Well they have on pinch protection and well, I would not install, especially if I had kids, pets that rode in the vehicle.. Not safe at all.....

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
As for all the other such window up, offerings you see guys saying they installed.... Well they have on pinch protection and well, I would not install, especially if I had kids, pets that rode in the vehicle.. Not safe at all.....
I would! And did! And it works great. No kids or pets. Pets could only get stuck if the driver was running the controls. Kids, I guess you need 2; one with their head out the window, and the other in reach of the window controls. Also the "rear window lock", does 2 things, keeps pesky kids from running the switches in the back, and turns off the "auto up/down" operation from the front switches. So I guess kids/pets, you leave the rear controls locked.

I still need someone with factory switches to show the force required on the "pinch protection"? And if it reverses window movement. The Amazon device does stop window with pretty low force, but it does not reverse the window movement. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I would! And did! And it works great. No kids or pets. Pets could only get stuck if the driver was running the controls. Kids, I guess you need 2; one with their head out the window, and the other in reach of the window controls. Also the "rear window lock", does 2 things, keeps pesky kids from running the switches in the back, and turns off the "auto up/down" operation from the front switches. So I guess kids/pets, you leave the rear controls locked.

I still need someone with factory switches to show the force required on the "pinch protection"? And if it reverses window movement. The Amazon device does stop window with pretty low force, but it does not reverse the window movement. Hope this helps!
I couldn’t have said it better. I don’t see any scenario that one could reasonably expect to encounter where it’s necessary. If you’ve got a pet or toddler that can figure out and counteract a window that’s locked from the front seat and still manage to get injured in the rear seat, they must be some sort of savant to both figure out how to do that and still be addle minded to somehow manage to get caught in the rear window at the same time. Also have a very long neck and arms.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I've had the 3W module installed for about 5 months and it's probably my favorite Jeep mod, besides the Autostop eliminator. It's something I use every day so it's money well spent. There is no pinch protection but just disable the rear switches or make sure the windows are clear before you hit the button. The windows can also still work as normal if you hold the switch in the up position.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My 2018 Grand Cherokee came with auto up/dn front seat windows from the factory. If the engineers can do it for one Jeep model why can't they figure it out for the Wrangler?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My 2018 Grand Cherokee came with auto up/dn front seat windows from the factory. If the engineers can do it for one Jeep model why can't they figure it out for the Wrangler?
I think it’s because of how many Wrangler owners are, or more accurately how they like to be viewed. Wrangler owners like to project an air of rugged manliness that don’t need no pansy soccer-mom grocery-getter Grand Cherokee creature comforts like auto up/down windows. We ride around without a roof or doors! So I think maybe Jeep capitalized on that by withholding certain features that they could have easily included that some of us would have bitched about so we can flex how macho we are. Why cut into profitability when they could leave it out and still charge as much? The JL seems to have included some stuff like auto climate control, LED headlights, advanced safety and cruise control etc. Maybe because they realized we don’t all need to wear canvas underwear and eat barbecued barbed wire for breakfast while sleeping under the stars in the back country to convince ourselves or others how macho we are.

We’ve got huge tires and lifts for that.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I think it’s because of how many Wrangler owners are, or more accurately how they like to be viewed. Wrangler owners like to project an air of rugged manliness that don’t need no pansy soccer-mom grocery-getter Grand Cherokee creature comforts like auto up/down windows. We ride around without a roof or doors! So I think maybe Jeep capitalized on that by withholding certain features that they could have easily included that some of us would have bitched about so we can flex how macho we are. Why cut into profitability when they could leave it out and still charge as much? The JL seems to have included some stuff like auto climate control, LED headlights, advanced safety and cruise control etc. Maybe because they realized we don’t all need to wear canvas underwear and eat barbecued barbed wire for breakfast while sleeping under the stars in the back country to convince ourselves or others how macho we are.

We’ve got huge tires and lifts for that.
Well, our 2020 Rubicon Recon came with auto down front seat windows from the factory. It wouldn't take much more to add an auto up feature to them. The technology is obviously already there to implement it safely, as seen with the Grand Cherokee. If the company wanted to portray the Wrangler as some rugged macho off-road vehicle they wouldn't have power windows in them at all.