Wind Noise From Pax side window

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
2020 Sport 4dr. When hitting around 50mph or above I get wind noise from the passenger side window area. Anyone else have this issue? I know there is wind noise with these, but just coming specifically from that window.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2020 Sport 4dr. When hitting around 50mph or above I get wind noise from the passenger side window area. Anyone else have this issue? I know there is wind noise with these, but just coming specifically from that window.
So sorry to read this, Todd! Have you spoken with your dealership at all? Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I had severe noise from that area. The small body panel that covers the area right behind the antenna was not flush. I loosened the torx bolts and adjusted it and that fixed the problem.
May not be your issue but worth a look. PM me if you need more info.

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
I had severe noise from that area. The small body panel that covers the area right behind the antenna was not flush. I loosened the torx bolts and adjusted it and that fixed the problem.
Will definitely check that out. Thank you!

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Would you please post a pic of the area. I am chasing multiple areas of noise and that is one of them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
Would you please post a pic of the area. I am chasing multiple areas of noise and that is one of them.
It's really coming from the passenger side front window. Like near the top. As if the window was cracked ever so slightly. Dealer said it was normal.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Panel circled in black. It was obviously not flush. I believe I loosened the torx screws shown and moved it in so it was flush. Then retightened.

Dealer is full of crap. You shouldn't have noise like an open window. Yes at 80 mph the Jeep has some noise, more than many modern vehicles, but you should be able to carry on a normal conversation.

IMG_20191204_155711.jpg

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Panel circled in black. It was obviously not flush. I believe I loosened the torx screws shown and moved it in so it was flush. Then retightened.

Dealer is full of crap. You shouldn't have noise like an open window. Yes at 80 mph the Jeep has some noise, more than many modern vehicles, but you should be able to carry on a normal conversation.

IMG_20191204_155711.jpg
Thank you

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Sorry to hear with a 2020 model year that FCA still hasn't fixed this flaw. I had it super bad on my 2018 so much so you wind intrusion into the cabin was horrific. I ended up trading it in for something else, I couldn't take it anymore

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Wind Noise From Pax side window IMG_20191204_155711
need to check mine. Definitely can’t carry a conversation at highway speeds without raising my voice

Kokis

First Name
Giorgos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
need to check mine. Definitely can’t carry a conversation at highway speeds without raising my voice
had the same. mine was due to door misalignment, added some 3m foam tape at the top, there is still some wind noise but it is acceptable

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
I have so much wind noise from the top right passenger side window that driving anything over 45 mph I always have to check to make sure the window is all the way up because it sounds like it’s either cracked open or just all the way down when it isn’t.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have so much wind noise from the top right passenger side window that driving anything over 45 mph I always have to check to make sure the window is all the way up because it sounds like it’s either cracked open or just all the way down when it isn’t.
Check that body panel as pictured a few posts up.
Sponsored