Willys sport or Willys

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
The Rubicon doesn't come with LEDs standard that's a 1295 dollar option on the Rubicon. Though in addition to the sport LEDs it also adds LED taillights and LED DRLs. So you're getting more LEDs.

I agree with the price difference of the soft top after the fact; there's a lot of other upgrades I plan on doing first. I'll probably run with the stock one until it wears out.... I actually plan on having it off most of the time.

One of the benefits/problems of Socal is we don't get that weird wet stuff falling from the sky very much....
Sponsored

SikkoBassta

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Found this information from carbuzz - Willys Sport 25K - https://carbuzz.com/cars/jeep/wrangler/2021-jeep-wrangler-willys-sport

Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque UPG I, Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE), Willys, Mold In Color Bumper w/Gloss Black, Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes, Black Trail Rated Badge, 4-Wheel Drive Swing Gate Decal, Black Grille, Willys Hood Decal, Rock Protection Sill Rails, 97 MPH Vehicle Max Speed Calibration, Wrangler Decal, Matte Black Jeep Badge *Upon selection of this pkg, the cost of powertrain components will be added*

carbuzz - Willys 25W: https://carbuzz.com/cars/jeep/wrangler/2021-jeep-wrangler-willys
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque UPG I, Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE), Speed Sensitive Power Locks, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, 4-Wheel Drive Swing Gate Decal, Black Grille, Front 1-Touch Down Power Windows, Wrangler Decal, Security Alarm, Willys, Mold In Color Bumper w/Gloss Black, Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes, Automatic Headlamps, Black Trail Rated Badge, Willys Hood Decal, Rock Protection Sill Rails, 97 MPH Vehicle Max Speed Calibration, Power Heated Mirrors, Matte Black Jeep Badge, Remote Keyless Entry, Sun Visors w/Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Front LED Fog Lamps, LED Premium Reflector Headlamps *Upon selection of this pkg, the cost of powertrain components will be added*

Difference between the "23 and 25" is the eTorque upgrade. 23 is without and 25 is with it.

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Damn.....I just found out that adaptive cruise works with manual. And the system lets me configure that.

Adaptive cruise is one of my favorite newer features. I often get rentals for work and specifically ask for that. And I often take my current JK on road trips. I live in N. Texas and driven to Phoenix, San Diego, Colorado, Jackson Hole, New Orleans, Iowa, and several other shorter trips.

My ”basic” Willy build, might turn into a bit more

Benw711

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
I'm going to take a stab, but will probably regret it. I made similar comments on the Willy's Sport page and people thought I was a troll for my efforts. LOL.

If you purchase the Willy's Sport..........plan on keeping it for many, many, many years. Why??? 99% of Americans are NOT going to want a vehicle that does not event have AC, or power windows. You are reverting to pre-1980's vehicle features.

The Willy's is awesome!!! I own one myself. That being said, I would never purchase the "Willy's Sport". I think it is a shame Jeep is even offering this option and still charging the $$$ they do. Total rip off. Just my 2 cents.

As much as you LOVE your new vehicle, there will come a time when you want to sell/trade in. You will regret your purchase when this time comes.
Speak for yourself :headbang: some of us still love bare bones Jeeps. Well, because they're still Jeeps!

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Figured I would bring this back from the dead. I just ordered a 2021 Willys sport. I ordered a Unlimited in Sting-Grey, and 2.0T/8speed auto. No other options. A/C is standard on all Unlimited models from the sport on up. Optional on all 2 doors not equipped standard. It was about the same money to order the Willys Sport over the sport when I equipped the sport the way I wanted it. I don't care about power windows or locks, but I will miss my android auto, and xm radio I had in my 2020 silverado. Or maybe I won't.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Figured I would bring this back from the dead. I just ordered a 2021 Willys sport. I ordered a Unlimited in Sting-Grey, and 2.0T/8speed auto. No other options. A/C is standard on all Unlimited models from the sport on up. Optional on all 2 doors not equipped standard. It was about the same money to order the Willys Sport over the sport when I equipped the sport the way I wanted it. I don't care about power windows or locks, but I will miss my android auto, and xm radio I had in my 2020 silverado. Or maybe I won't.
You will miss the Android Auto. But there are plenty of legit relatively inexpensive after market options.

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Well, my 2016 JK needs engine work. So likely fix and sell. Then look to order a 2022 WS or W.

On the configuration tool for the W it allows you to remove the technology group. Save about $900. I know I‘d spend that on after market, but bet I could do a lot better for same money. Anyone know if that is correct that you can remove?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Well, my 2016 JK needs engine work. So likely fix and sell. Then look to order a 2022 WS or W.

On the configuration tool for the W it allows you to remove the technology group. Save about $900. I know I‘d spend that on after market, but bet I could do a lot better for same money. Anyone know if that is correct that you can remove?
You can't remove the technology package from the Willy's. It is required option. If the website is allowing you, it is a glitch.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You can't remove the technology package from the Willy's. It is required option. If the website is allowing you, it is a glitch.
Correct. Used to be standard features and options. Now there are "Required Options", which you can't remove but you have to pay more for.

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Well dang….I was trying to justify a Willy’s.

My biggest issue is wanting the premium soft top. If they offer on the Willy’s Sport for 2022, I’ll get that. Otherwise, it will likely be the Willy’s.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
I know will have to see what 2022 offers, but a bit frustrated about not having premium soft top available on Willys Sport.

Did a full printout comparison of what I’d want. And assuming about $800 for the tan premium soft top if available on the Willy’s sport, seems about $3,600 difference between the WS and W (AC, Towing group and tan premium soft top on the WS and just tan premium soft top and towing on W).

And for that, only thing I like is the LED light group. I’ll get a 2door so the power windows and door locks don’t mean anything to me. The 7” Screen with CarPlay is ok, but I’d upgrade with a larger, more capable aftermarket. I installed USB in my Sport, so not an issue to add.

Just hoping they allow you to get the premium soft tops on the WS in 2022. If not, going to be a tough choice. I do like the selectable tire warning, but I bet I can get that on an aftermarket radio that plugs into cam unit.

Chief Toby

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD 4Runner Off Road ; 2023 Orange High Tide
I ordered a 2021 Sport Willys 2-door soft top, rear cargo liner, grab handles, with AC add on. Firecracker Red. Built 8 days ago and on the way exactly as ordered. The Willys package includes the bigger wheels and tires, special front bumper, LED lights, bigger rear axle and limited slip, rock rails, ruby suspension, special floor mats, and the special stickers. The Willys sport also has hand crank windows and manual door locks. I didn't want electric windows or the high end entertainment screen. The only things you really get with the Willys over the Sport Willys are the foo foo electric stuff and the ability to add on extra stuff.....not worth the almost 5K more for the Willys in IMHO. No advantage to the Willys over the Sport Willys for me anyway.

Last edited:

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I ordered a 2021 Sport Willys 2-door soft top, rear cargo liner, grab handles, with AC add on. Firecracker Red. Built 8 days ago and on the way exactly as ordered. The Willys package includes the bigger wheels and tires, special front bumper, LED lights, bigger rear axle and limited slip, rock rails, ruby suspension, special floor mats, and the special stickers. The Willys sport also has hand crank windows and manual door locks. I didn't want electric windows or the high end entertainment screen. The only things you really get with the Willys over the Sport Willys are the foo foo electric stuff and the ability to add on extra stuff.....not worth the almost 5K more for the Willys in IMHO. No advantage to the Willys over the Sport Willys for me anyway.
Jeep doesn't actually want people ordering base Sports. Their only purpose in the model lineup is for FCA to advertise the (relatively) low starting price.

They delay the base models forever if you custom order one, tell me how I know.

If you want Android Auto or Apple Carplay just wait for someone to sell their takeoff 7" touch screen unit. It is plug and play and only requires the dash bezel and a security code to install in your JT. It will be wired only but you can buy wireless adatpers on Amazon for $20-$30.

My Gladiator Sport will come with the base 5" radio, crank windows and manual locks. Since it's going to be a weekend/trip vehicle I won't care as much. But the ability to add Apple CarPlay later on for a few hundred bucks is nice and I will def be doing that.

Chief Toby

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD 4Runner Off Road ; 2023 Orange High Tide
I bought a Willys Sport 2dr - ordered it with AC, 4 cylinder turbo with the automatic, black rag top with Firecracker Red paint and the extra auxiliary switches. It has roll down windows and doors that unlock with a key, but not the LED lighting package - which are all things I could shit care less about. Other than that its pretty much the same as the Willys but was much less money. I'm loving this thing, especially that new rag top (easy to raise and lower) and then the driveability and quickness of that 4 cylinder turbo which is just downright snappy. Bad ass off road too. This new one is so so much better in every way than my 2016 Willys 4 dr. with the 6 cylinder and manual tran. Oh yeh - took the back seat out just like I did with the 2016 4 dr. After all, we need room for Toby the Chesapeake and Chief the Pyrenees. :)

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase