Sponsored

Willys Sport + Dual Door Group vs Willys

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I was told the difference between the Willy and the Willy Sport is that the Willy has power windows and door locks and the Willy Sport does not. I was going to order a 2022 Willy but was told I could not get the motor I wanted the 3.6L at that time because they were getting ready to switch over to the 2023 orders. They said I could get 2.0L Turbo but I really wanted the 3.6L so I decided to wait on the 2023‘s to order one. However, I just saw on the Jeep site today that the 3.6L is only available with a manual transmission and I want an automatic. Which means if I want a new automatic Jeep Willy then I have to go with the 2.0L Turbo. The other automatic choices are a diesel or the mild hybrid both of which I do not want. Really frustrated that I waited only to find out the only choice I have is the 2.0L Turbo In order to get an automatic transmission.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JerseyMark

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I was told the difference between the Willy and the Willy Sport is that the Willy has power windows and door locks and the Willy Sport does not. I was going to order a 2022 Willy but was told I could not get the motor I wanted the 3.6L at that time because they were getting ready to switch over to the 2023 orders. They said I could get 2.0L Turbo but I really wanted the 3.6L so I decided to wait on the 2023‘s to order one. However, I just saw on the Jeep site today that the 3.6L is only available with a manual transmission and I want an automatic. Which means if I want a new automatic Jeep Willy then I have to go with the 2.0L Turbo. The other automatic choices are a diesel or the mild hybrid both of which I do not want. Really frustrated that I waited only to find out the only choice I have is the 2.0L Turbo In order to get an automatic transmission.

I think you can get the Auto transmission with the 3.6l v6. On Jeep.com, select:
“3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine with Stop/Start”

The etorque is the v6 with auto trans.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why oh why do people stil say Willy or Willy’s?

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I think you can get the Auto transmission with the 3.6l v6. On Jeep.com, select:
“3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine with Stop/Start”

The etorque is the v6 with auto trans.
The eTorque is a mild hybrid and I do not want a hybrid.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
My dealer just confirmed AC is now standard. I just completed my order!!
Standard for '23 Sport or only when getting half doors? Really I just want Willys w/ac and half doors with no other options. Hand crank window and 5" standard radio... Apparently I can't order that as soon as I add half doors :(.

Sponsored

Bizzyc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, 2020 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Controller
Standard for '23 Sport or only when getting half doors? Really I just want Willys w/ac and half doors with no other options. Hand crank window and 5" standard radio... Apparently I can't order that as soon as I add half doors :(.
Both Sport and Willys Sport come standard with both AC and 7“ radio in MY23. The actual build price for a fairly basic 2 door is cheaper in 23 vs 22.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Both Sport and Willys Sport come standard with both AC and 7“ radio in MY23. The actual build price for a fairly basic 2 door is cheaper in 23 vs 22.
Good to know, thanks! I'm the weird guy who prefers the 5" radio over 7" though.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
I believe the 5" radio has went the way of the Dodo bird for MY23 and beyond.

KevinC

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The eTorque is a mild hybrid and I do not want a hybrid.
I wouldn't really call an etorque V6 a Hybrid. It really is just an electric motor on the engine that gets it rolling and starting in the same motion. (it does few other thing like smoothing shifts) It basically makes everything smoother compare to the non-etorque V6.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Woah, does this still work? I'm thinking about ordering a Willy's XR, the only thing I really half care about between the Willy's and Willy's Sport is power windows. I'd love to have half doors as well.....don't really care about the LED headlights.

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Leather steering wheels get filthy and look like crap after a few years. Especially if you have a female who also drives it and is constanly using hand lotion or santizer, both of which break down the leather.
It's not just females that use hand sanitizer! I regularly wipe the excess sanitizer all over the steering wheel since it is a fomite. Plus, I've never liked leather. I have never understood the appeal and I tend to think of it as a bit cheesy.

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
Woah, does this still work? I'm thinking about ordering a Willy's XR, the only thing I really half care about between the Willy's and Willy's Sport is power windows. I'd love to have half doors as well.....don't really care about the LED headlights.
I bought a 2023 base model Sport with dual door package and got the power windows, power locks and power mirrors all cheaper than a Sport S.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I bought a 2023 base model Sport with dual door package and got the power windows, power locks and power mirrors all cheaper than a Sport S.
Ok, sorry for the follow up that I'm sure is all over the forums but I haven't seen anything definitive. I'm getting a hard top regardless (run 6 months hard top, 6 months bikini top). Do I get power windows/locks regardless of the dual door group I get? The base (cheapest) lower door is just the door with no fabric, right?

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
Ok, sorry for the follow up that I'm sure is all over the forums but I haven't seen anything definitive. I'm getting a hard top regardless (run 6 months hard top, 6 months bikini top). Do I get power windows/locks regardless of the dual door group I get? The base (cheapest) lower door is just the door with no fabric, right?
Yes all the dual door groups come with power windows and locks.
I think with a hard top you may be forced to buy the package with the premium uppers, but maybe you can just get the lowers only.
I think it’s probably worth it to get the package with the uppers, they will cost a lot more to buy later on, and much easier to throw those on if you need a window than change the entire door out.
Sponsored