Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not my experience at all. With a JLU sport, 3.43 auto. I installed the Mopar 2" and 33" 285/70R17 with Gearhead Big block rims.
8th is a thing of the past and gas mileage went from 25 to 15ish. Speedo is off -2 mph compared to gps app.
Seriously, you have some issues. You are comparing 25 MPG INSTANT reading on a flat highway in stock trim to your AVERAGE of an uncorrected 15 MPH with winter mix fuel (which sucks the life out of fuel economy) and blaming it all on the lift and tires (and blaming such a mild lift for most of the MPG drop isn't realistic either). Then post over and over how bad an idea it was. MPG arguments are so stupid in the first place I never get involved in them but had to speak up as I did almost the same swap and it had a minimal impact. But as there are so many variables when it comes to MPG I would never tell someone they will get the same results as me, maybe you shouldn't either.
Sponsored

Yoyo27983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU billet
Not my experience at all. With a JLU sport, 3.43 auto. I installed the Mopar 2" and 33" 285/70R17 with Gearhead Big block rims.
8th is a thing of the past and gas mileage went from 25 to 15ish. Speedo is off -2 mph compared to gps app.
Update! I carried it in to have the speedo recalibrated.The dealership kept the Jeep through the weekend. They could not duplicate the rear brake issue but they assumed that it had something to do with resetting the abs system after a bcm update. They told me that the abs usually needs a reset after any other configuration updates. BS ?? I DON'T KNOW. I picked it up Monday afternoon and in the 20 mile ride home it was performing great. It went to 8th gear again and would only occasionally downshift to 7th. The gas milage is now showing 22 at 60mph. At 50mph ,it is around 28mpg. This is very good news to me! Now let's hope nothing else happens with this thing. I still have to carry it to another dealer for a second opinion on the engine knock. Will update that in the thread on 3.6 sound at idle. Thanks to all of you who pushed to get the speedo recal'd.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That’s pretty impressive mileage, I set my tire size with a Tazer JL as it was running 5 mph slower than what gps app said and after I set it for the 315’s I’m running my mileage dropped from 22-23 to approx 19 so your 28 mpg is better than my stock JLUS with a rating of 18/23 with an average of 20 combined
Sponsored