ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
100% not sure why anyone would use it.
It's not for me....that said,
if you have kids who have iPads they could connect online and watch videos, listen to music, play games, etc.
If you're a road warrior you can easily connect to internet/work/VPN, etc.
If everyone in the family has fixed data on their phones, it might be a good idea for road trips.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Seems pointless. Just a reason for your kids or friends to quickly go over the data limit and get overage charges watching movies.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn't you just turn on the personal hotspot on your cell phone (available on pretty much every smart phone plan I'm aware of)? The hotspot in vehicles is a complete scam.
No, not in my situation. I have Verizon and can't switch because my employer requires it. Unlimited data is very expensive, especially if I add my kids' phones. $20 a month with the Jeep is a much cheaper way to go, for me, and using it saves my Verizon data.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The reason for my question is that in my rover, there are two sim cards - one for the emergency and vehicle functions. The one that I can pull out and replace. This one is for live traffic, weather, new feeds, flight info, etc. Where I use it the most is that the vehicle has iTunes and Deezer built in and it streams using the SIM card. I have the unlimited for $20. Also use it like DanW for the kiddo when he is travelling with me.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realize it was only $25 for unlimited. Kids are in the Jeep all the time and we do take a number of road trips. My kid's iPads have their cellular service disabled once the contract period was over so having a WiFi hotspot would be nice. I didn't turn it on cause I believed (like many others) that it was going to be insanely expensive. YouTube Kids KILLS data. It only takes a few mins to blow through data limits when my kids are on it.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
No, not in my situation. I have Verizon and can't switch because my employer requires it. Unlimited data is very expensive, especially if I add my kids' phones. $20 a month with the Jeep is a much cheaper way to go, for me, and using it saves my Verizon data.
I didn't realize it was only $25 for unlimited. Kids are in the Jeep all the time and we do take a number of road trips. My kid's iPads have their cellular service disabled once the contract period was over so having a WiFi hotspot would be nice. I didn't turn it on cause I believed (like many others) that it was going to be insanely expensive. YouTube Kids KILLS data. It only takes a few mins to blow through data limits when my kids are on it.
I didn't know it was unlimited until you said that, just confirmed :)

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/jeep.html
I guess I'll take back my previous comment - I've looked at the plans in the past and they were way too much $ for what they were, but $25 for unlimited is not bad at all :like: Not sure I'll do it but a definite maybe!

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Don't forget that the unlimited plan slows you down to 3g or edge speeds (forget witch) once you go over 22GB. So while technically you can still get online you won't be doing anything remotely fast.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget that the unlimited plan slows you down to 3g or edge speeds (forget witch) once you go over 22GB. So while technically you can still get online you won't be doing anything remotely fast.
I assumed there would be a "limit", but 22gb is plenty for two 7 year olds and the amount of time they would actually be in there WITH their iPads. My wife and I have unlimited data plans on our iPhones so we'd never use it. Just the kids and that's well worth it (to me) for sanity on our weekend trips to wherever.

r-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-door
They only “may” slow you down after 22GB if you’re in an area experiencing network congestion as priority will be given to other users.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've never hit that limit. But my kids aren't picky as long as they are connected.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw that the unlimited plan is on sale until the end of the month - currently only $20/month.
DB8C31E7-2B26-4162-9843-EA877094C8E3.jpeg

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why anyone would need this. If you really need internet you can tether to a cell phone.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why anyone would need this. If you really need internet you can tether to a cell phone.
That's what I thought (and said) a while ago. Then I realized it's cheaper to pay for this than to increase the data plan on what I have now. I have the 2gig Verizon plan which I never go over on because I'm usually on WiFi somewhere. Switching that to unlimited (or even one with more data) is more than $20/month.

Unlimited streaming in my Jeep would allow me to use Pandora and other steaming apps, and let my kids stream whatever on their devices.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When your cell phone says Verizon, it costs a helluva lot more than $20 a month. This is a bargain, for me.
Sponsored