OK I will ask, what is EJS?

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I'll be there. There's also a thread in the Trip Journals and Reports section on who's going.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I avoid EJS like the plague these days, but I'll be backpacking in Canyonlands, so I'll be close by...
I'd be interested to hear about your backpacking, you can PM me if you don't want to discuss in public. My daughter and I will be somewhat close to Moab but we will be sufficiently far away from the Moab trails to avoid the crowds.
I've always wanted to go to EJS and thought about trying to find someone from a local club to tag along with. Then I realized it is more circus and crowds than having fun on trails so I took it off my list.
I've owned my JLU almost 3 years and I've taken it to Moab 5 times. My daughter just bought a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk so we're going to take it to Utah during EJS. I'm working on our itinerary, mostly in San Rafael Swell and/or near Canyonlands Maze district.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'll be there this weekend to do some wheeling. Might pop over for the expo but won't be hitting any trails during EJS.

IntrepidXJ

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventr.co
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
GIS Tech
I'd be interested to hear about your backpacking, you can PM me if you don't want to discuss in public. My daughter and I will be somewhat close to Moab but we will be sufficiently far away from the Moab trails to avoid the crowds.
I've always wanted to go to EJS and thought about trying to find someone from a local club to tag along with. Then I realized it is more circus and crowds than having fun on trails so I took it off my list.
I've owned my JLU almost 3 years and I've taken it to Moab 5 times. My daughter just bought a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk so we're going to take it to Utah during EJS. I'm working on our itinerary, mostly in San Rafael Swell and/or near Canyonlands Maze district.
I've got permits to backpack into one of the few canyons in The Maze that I have not been in before. It's nothing big, I just enjoy going into new places. https://adventr.co/trip-reports/canyonlands-national-park/

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@txj2go I just sent you a PM!
~Crystal@Bestop

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I avoid EJS like the plague these days, but I'll be backpacking in Canyonlands, so I'll be close by...
Not just EJS but Moab altogether. Total zoo. How can you enjoy Utah's beauty with thousands of other people and vehicles crowded around you?

Moab area was nice 30+ years ago. Now its difficult to just drive through town because of the congestion. Been exploring Utah for over 40 years now; there is so much to explore and see and still have it be a "wilderness" experience.

Approaching the ford of the Dirty Devil River in Poison Springs Canyon:
Jeep Wrangler JL Who's going to EJS? DSC01906erJLforum3-24-23

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I'll be there the whole week. I'm an official assistant trail leader (tail gunner) for a few trails but I'm also running a few other trails in the week.
Sponsored