Who's going to EJS?

bacon392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
I will be there, without my jeep (if you can believe that) on a family vacation to Moab. We have a ton planned, but I may try to pop in on the expo at some point, if that's possible.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I will not be.

Please, please keep the heartbreak to a minimum.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Not just EJS but Moab altogether. Total zoo. How can you enjoy Utah's beauty with thousands of other people and vehicles crowded around you?

Moab area was nice 30+ years ago. Now its difficult to just drive through town because of the congestion. Been exploring Utah for over 40 years now; there is so much to explore and see and still have it be a "wilderness" experience.

Approaching the ford of the Dirty Devil River in Poison Springs Canyon:
DSC01906erJLforum3-24-23.jpg
Poisons Spring Canyon is sufficiently far from Moab to avoid the crowds. We were there 5 months ago, we drove to the end of Black Jump road. Maybe another time we'll cross the river and go towards the Maze. Below is a photo looking down on the river, with the crossing point on the righthand side.
During the day Moab is not too bad because everyone is out doing things, so driving through at lunch you can actually get into a restaurant. If the weather is bad it is the opposite because everybody stays in town. I haven't been in Moab at night in many years but I assume it is pretty crowded anytime beyond winter.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who's going to EJS? 3425-DSC_3275br

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@brennaman Its Easter Jeep Safari, its in Moab every year!
~Crystal@Bestop
Say high to Cory. He FYI'd me about a sweet deal. Unfortunately Uhaul won't rent you a trailer if you have a soft top Jeep. I had to schlep a trailer from PA to TX a couple weeks ago when I relocated. Pretty ridiculous to be honest, but Uhaul's lawyers have to eat too, I guess. I'll be swinging by for sure.

I rented a tent spot at the Moab KOA. I'll be pitching a tent this year, since my iKamper lost a fight with a King Of Prussia mall parking lot ceiling. Haven't found a place that can patch it up (only the corners got damaged, functionally it's fine).

https://donmontalvo.com/2023/03/11/this-aint-my-first-rodeo/

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Here on day one. Fins and Things pretty quiet. The water obstacle at the bottom of Baby Lion’s Back is deep. Just barely over the hood and full lift on our GC Trailhawk.
BTW, where is the Jeep show at Walker’s this year? No where to be seen but it is day one.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who's going to EJS? View recent photos
Jeep Wrangler JL Who's going to EJS? View recent photos
Jeep Wrangler JL Who's going to EJS? IMG_8200

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here on day one. Fins and Things pretty quiet. The water obstacle at the bottom of Baby Lion’s Back is deep. Just barely over the hood and full lift on our GC Trailhawk.
BTW, where is the Jeep show at Walker’s this year? No where to be seen but it is day one.
We did Fins and Things today. We crossed an 18” deep pond, rough guess based on it being at the hub level of a Jeep with 35s.

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL
We did Fins and Things today. We crossed an 18” deep pond, rough guess based on it being at the hub level of a Jeep with 35s.
I was your tail gunner today on Fins - in the white Gladiator. đź‘Ť

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
We're going to be west of Green River, more or less, next week so I'm hoping it isn't overly wet over there.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was your tail gunner today on Fins - in the white Gladiator. đź‘Ť
Nice, what a small world! :) The lead told me to jump behind him when we took off. A few of is got lost when we decided not to follow him up a pucker rated climb that I never knew existed on that trail. LOL

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just pulled in Sun Outdoors and got the trailer setup.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Sorbs so exciting!! I'm glad you're having, be fun safe and I'll see if I can find out where the Jeep show is at this year.
~Crystal@Bestop

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
@Sorbs so exciting!! I'm glad you're having, be fun safe and I'll see if I can find out where the Jeep show is at this year.
~Crystal@Bestop
Thank you, Crystal. Jeep was setting up yesterday at Walker's Drug in the parking lot. My guess is they are operational today. Good times!
Sponsored