Who actually uses A/C?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
My bmw e46 has the window buttons (and lock/unlock button) in the center console and it’s even more “inconvenient” because the buttons to the right side windows are to the right side of the shifter. No issues with location whatsoever.

i live in the northeast and the summer is definitely hot enough for a/c. I wouldn’t have a Wrangler or any drop-top without it.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I haven't read the entire thread, but did search it for "defog" with no results.

Question/Comment:

When defogging a windshield, say in the middle of winter, in addition to it being blasted by the vehicle's heating system with hot air (which holds more moisture) such that the fog is eliminated, is the A/C's dehumidification abilities not also used to aid in eliminating the fog?

If so--do A/C-less Wranglers address such windshield fog merely with hot air?

Encino Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Java Developer
In South Texas, with 3-digit temperatures, I run A/C even with top off.
Lately, with single-digit temperatures, I have been glad to have heated seats and steering wheel.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I run top on, windows up with AC all summer in Southern California. UV index hits 10-12, temperatures always 80-100 degrees.

Winter, ironically is when I run top off, windows down and will run the heater w/out AC to enjoy the cool breeze. UV index is generally less than 3.

In todays age, I'd suspect you wouldn't be able to sell your jeep without AC, but like someone else mentioned I didn't even know that was an "option".

1Darkone

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Recon
I run my AC full blast with top off and doors off in the summer in AZ. Keeps me cool.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Headbarcode and Zandcwhite for the heads up on why the buttons are on the dash. I never thought if you only removed the front doors. I of course have OCD (obsessive compulsive dummy in my case.) I have to take all 4 off.
With these crazy lawsuits I can also see a situation where someone is turning around in the car while driving on the highway to hit the rear window switch, crashes and Sue’s Jeep.
Yeah, leave it to people, for being able to find the one in a million ways to screw something up. Lol!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I run top on, windows up with AC all summer in Southern California. UV index hits 10-12, temperatures always 80-100 degrees.

Winter, ironically is when I run top off, windows down and will run the heater w/out AC to enjoy the cool breeze. UV index is generally less than 3.

In todays age, I'd suspect you wouldn't be able to sell your jeep without AC, but like someone else mentioned I didn't even know that was an "option".
Mike, when you say that you didn't even know that was an option were you referring to Wranglers without A/C or selling a Wrangler--which "Wrangler code" requires you to not only never do, but in fact insists that you be buried with your Wrangler? ;)

ds1919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Firecracker Red
I don't know where you live, I'm in Phoenix AZ, so I actually do need ac. I came out here from the mountains in Northern California (Grass Valley area), and I never used ac out there.
However if you plan to travel, you may find yourself in a location where you would like to use the ac, or your significant other might like for you to have ac....

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Was going to do the same...I would get the AC

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
When it is over 100 and the top is down and doors are off, I turn on the AC at stop lights so that I don't melt away.

Sponsored

First Name
GW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wr. JL Unl. Rubi.
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!

Move to Palm Bch., FL.
Yl never ask that again.
The top off means iguana shit on the shifter.
Crazy.

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Almost every day.

Plus, down the road, you'll have a really hard time selling it without A/C. In fact, I suspect that you'll take more than a $1,300 hit come sales time.
I absolutely agree with this response!

Ninny

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!
Absolutely in South Florida!!!! Resale would definitely help your value

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Where the hell do you live that that’s even a sane question?

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
No way would I ever buy a Jeep without AC, I live in SOCAL and drive into AZ and Nevada a lot, even in the winter time out here I use the AC.
Sponsored