captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
This is a joke, right. Itā€™s not the 19th century. But I guess the LED headlights are worth the money instead.
No, it was a legit question to which others had thoughtful responses. The Willys Sport doesnā€™t come with LEDā€™s either.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Sorry but I really have to say this WITH utmost respect.... but....

ARE YOU CRAZY???? BUYING A JEEP WITHOUT AN A/C. OF ALL THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD BE FRUGAL ON - AC IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

Hold on... lemme take a deep breath...

YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU ARE BUYING A JEEP RIGHT??? A JEEP!!! YOU ARE GONNA SINK A LOT OF MONEY UPDATING YOUR JEEP AND YOU TRIED TO SAVE ON AC????

WOW!! Here is a suggestion - if you want to save on AC I suggest that you tell your dealership that you dont want the regular seat that comes with your Jeep! Here!! It has been done before! Keep the AC.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually uses A/C? 3C89060500000578-4161152-image-m-4_1485457847278

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...top-van-driver-plastic-school-CHAIR-seat.html

Good golly bro!! Really!! :facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually uses A/C? a29bcf89487d01a38fe0839641929a98

Oh I might want to mention in case you don't know me. This is me being silly to your question.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
I should have clarified the Willys Sport comes standard without power or A/C. You canā€™t add power without upgrading to the Willys, but you can add A/C. The Sport is still $4K cheaper after adding A/C which I do plan on doing. I hadnā€™t originally considered not getting A/C and was curious if thatā€™s something people do...clearly not. The biggest argument for me is how many people still run it with the top off.

THIS FORUM IS GREAT! Canā€™t wait to join the family!
FWIW, when I got my ā€˜16 JK Willys, it was cheaper to add the air than it was to get the Willys W package that came with other stuff. Two blokes at work convinced me to add a/c describing how there was no real break in the heat on a motorcycle when itā€™s 98Ā°, as someone else here mentioned.

It was also WAY cheaper getting the Smitybuilt hitch with factory harness ($60 then) than it was adding the towing package. I read, back then, with the plug and play harness added behind the left brake light, the computer knew when a trailer was attached and compensated anyway with anti sway. Never towed, so I can make no claim, but did use a cargo carrier.

Never was sorry I got A/C and used it plenty with the top off.

UPDATE: Sorry I failed to see you were getting it anyway. šŸ¤·šŸ½

OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
I caught that, but my point was even the most base JL isn't cheap. Cheaper than our pretty loaded Rubicon, but not a budget vehicle at all. I'm amazed that any vehicle over $20k is even available without ac.
I agree completely. I just had a momentary thought about it and threw it out there.

OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Sorry but I really have to say this WITH utmost respect.... but....

ARE YOU CRAZY???? BUYING A JEEP WITHOUT AN A/C. OF ALL THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD BE FRUGAL ON - AC IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

Hold on... lemme take a deep breath...

YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU ARE BUYING A JEEP RIGHT??? A JEEP!!! YOU ARE GONNA SINK A LOT OF MONEY UPDATING YOUR JEEP AND YOU TRIED TO SAVE ON AC????

WOW!! Here is a suggestion - if you want to save on AC I suggest that you tell your dealership that you dont want the regular seat that comes with your Jeep! Here!! It has been done before! Keep the AC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...top-van-driver-plastic-school-CHAIR-seat.html

Good golly bro!! Really!! :facepalm:

šŸ˜‚ I thought about not getting A/C for about the amount of time it took you to type your first all caps sentence. Saner heads have prevailed. Thanks for your opinion.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
FWIW, when I got my ā€˜16 JK Willys, it was cheaper to add the air than it was to get the Willys W package that came with other stuff. Two blokes at work convinced me to add a/c describing how there was no real break in the heat on a motorcycle when itā€™s 98Ā°, as someone else here mentioned.

It was also WAY cheaper getting the Smitybuilt hitch with factory harness ($60 then) than it was adding the towing package. I read, back then, with the plug and play harness added behind the left brake light, the computer knew when a trailer was attached and compensated anyway with anti sway. Never towed, so I can make no claim, but did use a cargo carrier.

Never was sorry I got A/C and used it plenty with the top off.

UPDATE: Sorry I failed to see you were getting it anyway. šŸ¤·šŸ½
When I ordered my Jeep it was cheaper to buy the floor mats after delivery, but I wanted them installed at the factory, so I included them in my order. šŸ˜€

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Lol....26 years. And yes it still happens.
ā€œAny time she says ā€˜oh, I donā€™t do that...ā€™ add the words ā€˜with youā€™...cuz thereā€™s a guy out there she will do it for.ā€

nice frame control bro. šŸ‘Œ

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Ha ha, @captainmac44 has mentioned several times that he's decided on A/C, but still the thread rolls on. It's the nature of these things. Folks read the original post and reply, without reading through the entire thread first.

So here's my story: I had one of the original 1990 Mazda Miatas. Hand crank windows, stick shift, no power steering. And yes, it *did* have A/C. Turns out some days are just too damn hot to have the top down. I'd put the top up (but no windows) to keep the sun off, and then also crank the A/C.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Ha ha, @captainmac44 has mentioned several times that he's decided on A/C, but still the thread rolls on. It's the nature of these things. Folks read the original post and reply, without reading through the entire thread first.

So here's my story: I had one of the original 1990 Mazda Miatas. Hand crank windows, stick shift, no power steering. And yes, it *did* have A/C. Turns out some days are just too damn hot to have the top down. I'd put the top up (but no windows) to keep the sun off, and then also crank the A/C.
conversation totally shifted. @BrntWS6 and @captainmac44 and I are talking about getting down in jeeps; and why AC is so important for it. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø