Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!
You live in Indiana, where you can get away with that. Try living that way in Louisiana or Texas.
Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Conversely, higher quality high efficiency heating systems actually incorporate the injection of very fine water vapor into the airstream. Higher humidity increases ones heat sensation.
So, in Phoenix in June, stuck in traffic with the top down... then you feel hot, and you burst into flames... but they are dry flames?
:LOL:

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Me, I do, one day each year around the end of the July or the beginning of August.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So, in Phoenix in June, stuck in traffic with the top down... then you feel hot, and you burst into flames... but they are dry flames?
:LOL:
Hahahaha! But yes, heating the air with unnatural means will dry the air.

Still, running the ac to defrost a windshield will work way faster than without it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually uses A/C? tenor (19)

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I live in a part of Canada that very rarely gets over 90f and never humid and I still can’t imagine owning a vehicle without A/C

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Hot days driving through high insect density regions on the highway while heading to the outdoor paradise.

OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Ok, ok, ok. I was going to get the A/C anyway... now I just know for sure. Thanks for the responses!
I should have clarified the Willys Sport comes standard without power or A/C. You can’t add power without upgrading to the Willys, but you can add A/C. The Sport is still $4K cheaper after adding A/C which I do plan on doing. I hadn’t originally considered not getting A/C and was curious if that’s something people do...clearly not. The biggest argument for me is how many people still run it with the top off.

THIS FORUM IS GREAT! Can’t wait to join the family!

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I always use it. Running the AC keeps the components lubricated and water flowing through the drain tube. The worst ac problems I fixed as a tech were on systems that didn't see much use.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Jeep without A/C might as well have a jeep without a lift. Oh did I offend......

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Who buys a $30k+ vehicle without ac? If you're buying a base model chevy spark for $14k, go ahead and cheap out as the resale value is already garbage in the throw away commuter car segment. It's a cheap car and used buyers won't be surprised by the lack of creature comforts. Having wheeled in moab when it was 104⁰ out, trust me there weren't many people out mid day with the top and doors off, let alone no ac.

OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Who buys a $30k+ vehicle without ac? If you're buying a base model chevy spark for $14k, go ahead and cheap out as the resale value is already garbage in the throw away commuter car segment. It's a cheap car and used buyers won't be surprised by the lack of creature comforts. Having wheeled in moab when it was 104⁰ out, trust me there weren't many people out mid day with the top and doors off, let alone no ac.
Did I mention I’M GETTING THE A/C?!?!?

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
This is a joke, right. It’s not the 19th century. But I guess the LED headlights are worth the money instead.