CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
you plasti dipped the entire jeep???
Yes, I Plasti Dipped Black the entire Jeep about 4 years ago... and this thing survives heavy scratches on the trail, intense Sun, mud, snow.. anything I throw at it!!... all I do is carry a can of Plasti Dip to touch it up ... that's it!... I applied it using a Raptor Liner air gun which results in a textured surface similar to Rhino liner, in fact, people always believes is Rhino Liner... LOL... but Plasti Dip is hella cheaper than Rhino and I can always peel it off if I don't like it anymore..

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Yes, I Plasti Dipped Black the entire Jeep about 4 years ago... and this thing survives heavy scratches on the trail, intense Sun, mud, snow.. anything I throw at it!!... all I do is carry a can of Plasti Dip to touch it up ... that's it!... I applied it using a Raptor Liner air gun which results in a textured surface similar to Rhino liner, in fact, people always believes is Rhino Liner... LOL... but Plasti Dip is hella cheaper than Rhino and I can always peel it off if I don't like it anymore..
I plasti dipped some rims once upon a time and loved how easy it was to touch up and remove. How did you acquire so much plasti dip? and did you do only visible surfaces, or the entire painted area?

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I plasti dipped some rims once upon a time and loved how easy it was to touch up and remove. How did you acquire so much plasti dip? and did you do only visible surfaces, or the entire painted area?
You can buy the Plasti Dip by the Gallon at either dipyourcar.com, Amazon, or Ebay.. I bought the concentrated version and then diluted it in a 1:1 mix ratio... I used either Xylene or Naphta to dilute it... either one works well..

Dipyourcar:
Black Gallon – DipYourCar.com

This is the gun I used (this one I already had because I raptor lined the floor of my JL)
Amazon.com: U-POL Products Gravitex Plus And Raptor Spray Gun (UPL-UP0726) : Automotive

I did almost all areas... the hard-to-reach areas like the inner part of the windshield I have not painted yet, only because is not a priority.. but harder to reach areas I simply used a rattle can of Plasti Dip.. the cool thing is that you can simply rub off the excess Plasti dip, so I am usually quite sloppy when it comes to touch up areas... some people are quite anal about that stuff... I don't care.. I beat the crap out of my JL... it is not meant to look pristine and pretty... LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jeep 1669911931468

Last edited:

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
You can buy the Plasti Dip by the Gallon at either dipyourcar.com, Amazon, or Ebay.. I bought the concentrated version and then diluted it in a 1:1 mix ratio... I used either Xylene or Naphta to dilute it... either one works well..

Dipyourcar:

This is the gun I used (this one I already had because I raptor lined the floor of my JL)
Amazon.com: U-POL Products Gravitex Plus And Raptor Spray Gun (UPL-UP0726) : Automotive

I did almost all areas... the hard-to-reach areas like the inner part of the windshield I have not painted yet, only because is not a priority.. but harder to reach areas I simply used a rattle can of Plasti Dip.. the cool thing is that you can simply rub off the excess Plasti dip, so I am usually quite sloppy when it comes to touch up areas... some people are quite anal about that stuff... I don't care.. I beat the crap out of my JL... it is not meant to look pristine and pretty... LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jeep 1669911931468
I really like the texture that gun provided. When I used the cans back in the day it always just seemed like a matte finish.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Simplicity
I like white. I was going to buy a white Jeep but since already have white 4runner I ended up with a different bland color instead. :)

Also you'll want to be careful cruising around with just the rear window removed, esp if you put the top into the sunrider position. Your two side window could come off, esp at highway speeds.

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S

Dipyourcar:

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jeep 9EA51DBF-824E-4953-8224-6DFF4E36CF77
The Death Star was white, no?

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Coolest Jeep in the desert. Literally. White is functional.

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jeep 9EA51DBF-824E-4953-8224-6DFF4E36CF77
White hard top is 853 ° cooler than black, and abour 30 ° cooler than the other colors

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jeep monm11-20-22c - Copy