Sponsored

Which Packages / Options do you WISH you had ordered?

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Wish I ordered the LED light package. Stock lights really suck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
@Rockstar08 Hey thanks. I figured as much. I have a spreadsheet that has all the models and as I add features and their cost it changes the price. When I upgrade the the tires to ATs, add the rear diff upgrade, the Willys is only about $500 more. No brainer.
The Sport S for $2k more adds the tech group and I can add the Gorilla Glass. And I kind of like power windows but maybe not a big deal. lol
In the end I'm trying to justify a Rubicon like hey, it's only $5k! I just want to know I did my research.
Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by MoparĀ® for $995? I think this is useful but aftermarket may be better or cost less?

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
You are doing it correct but no way should you pay for the 4k worth of half doors just to get the probity feature..lol..you are looking at the base sport for a reason cost! However if I were you seriously look at the Base Willys Sport you get so much more useable stuff for 2K!!! I am waiting for the 2022 model info to be released before I order mine and most likely will be opting for the Rubicon model but I have been reading so many horror stories in here regarding the rear axles having to be replaced over and over all because of a stupid faulty sensor that canā€™t be replaced! This will cost a fortune out of warranty so I m truly thinking of getting the Base Willys and building it up better then the Rubicon which would be cheaper And more purpose built! Besides personally I love the manual roll up windows and locks itā€™s Old School and my kids loved them on our last Jeep too..lol
Keep in mind that what you read on the forums is from an extremely small number of total owners. And many are only here because they had a some sort of problem or question.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
@Rockstar08 Hey thanks. I figured as much. I have a spreadsheet that has all the models and as I add features and their cost it changes the price. When I upgrade the the tires to ATs, add the rear diff upgrade, the Willys is only about $500 more. No brainer.
The Sport S for $2k more adds the tech group and I can add the Gorilla Glass. And I kind of like power windows but maybe not a big deal. lol
In the end I'm trying to justify a Rubicon like hey, it's only $5k! I just want to know I did my research.
Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by MoparĀ® for $995? I think this is useful but aftermarket may be better or cost less?
Yeah the $995 for the rock slider step again is overpriced since the Willys comes with the Rubicon rock slider to begin with just no step. Personally I would be replacing that either way with an aftermarket step slider for cheaper and look nicer in my opinion. Some people just prefer not to modify aftermarket and get most everything they can already done by Jeep thatā€™s why the offer it. To me though itā€™s more about modifying your Jeep to personally make it your own unique style.

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Yeah the $995 for the rock slider step again is overpriced since the Willys comes with the Rubicon rock slider to begin with just no step. Personally I would be replacing that either way with an aftermarket step slider for cheaper and look nicer in my opinion. Some people just prefer not to modify aftermarket and get most everything they can already done by Jeep thatā€™s why the offer it. To me though itā€™s more about modifying your Jeep to personally make it your own unique style.
I'm at the point where if I can get the factory part that looks good and not crazy expensive then I go that way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
My comparo so far:
Jeep Wrangler JL Which Packages / Options do you WISH you had ordered? 1631469450055

$1,300 to get a Willys. Another $2k for a Sport S to add some niceties. It is a daily driver.
$7k for a Rubicon. The 4:1 shows as an option on the main page but says standard in the standard features.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I ordered everything except the 8.4 radio and premium audio group. At the time last Oct I thought, #1 I'm not a big radio person and figured I'd go with the basic. #2 I have navigation on my phone so why pay additional for it on the Jeep? Now almost a year later (picked up my Jeep 12/23) I wish I would have just gone ahead and ordered the upgraded radio

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I ordered everything except the 8.4 radio and premium audio group. At the time last Oct I thought, #1 I'm not a big radio person and figured I'd go with the basic. #2 I have navigation on my phone so why pay additional for it on the Jeep? Now almost a year later (picked up my Jeep 12/23) I wish I would have just gone ahead and ordered the upgraded radio
The Rubicon is really pushing the limit price wise to the point I might drop the Auto trans. Not opposed to a 6sp but everyday life the auto is a nice to have. Going to look at a few other packages and see what I come up with.

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I bought off the dealership floor and didn't order so I compromised a little.
I'm really glad I got the proximity doors and regret not getting the tow package. I convinced myself that I probably wasn't going to need the aux switches or tow anything. I pretty much have every other option except advanced safety which I didn't want anyway.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Traded in a bare bones JL for a JLR they had on the lot last month. Upgrades include: 2L auto, hardtop, proximity doors, and all the rubicon bits.

Only gripes are no leather seats and tow package. Getting katzkins next week and will eventually add the hitch, wiring, and aftermarket switches.

Proximity doors have been a pleasant surprise! Monster fob remains in my pocket.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that what you read on the forums is from an extremely small number of total owners. And many are only here because they had a some sort of problem or question.
Take everything with a grain of salt. I too read so many horror stories last year while waiting for my 21 to be delivered. It had me questioning my decisions. Well, it's almost a year and I'm so in love with my JLU! It's been a dream to own! None of the problems that the horror stories were talking about!

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rubicon is really pushing the limit price wise to the point I might drop the Auto trans. Not opposed to a 6sp but everyday life the auto is a nice to have. Going to look at a few other packages and see what I come up with.
I got the 6 sp manual and I'm thrilled with it! So much fun to drive!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
My comparo so far:
Jeep Wrangler JL Which Packages / Options do you WISH you had ordered? 1631469450055

$1,300 to get a Willys. Another $2k for a Sport S to add some niceties. It is a daily driver.
$7k for a Rubicon. The 4:1 shows as an option on the main page but says standard in the standard features.
4:1 is standard for Rubicon, the fulltime just allows you drive full time on dry pavement. The full time 4WD is available for the Sport S as well.
Sponsored