Sponsored

Which Packages / Options do you WISH you had ordered?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I pretty much ordered everything with mine, the only things I can think of I would've done differently are I wouldn't have done the all weather mats from the factory, not a huge fan of them and I wouldn't have done the matte black grill from the factory, I love it but for similar money I could've done it myself and had the factory color matched grill to hang on the wall.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@ArizonaJeepGuy Your price for the 4:1 is for the full-time system. The Rubicon comes with a part-time 4:1 system, just in case you didn't know the difference and thought you had to add a 4:1.

My JLR was $41k, so I get you're ordering a 4-door, but there weren't really any options I regret not getting. I got tow package (upgraded alternator and aux switches), Alpine radio and proximity key (told my build required it, but no one at the dealership understood why) for a Jeep that took eight weeks to get and was only $41k, hardly more than your Willys Sport. Maybe less is more?

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Since you are an Arizona guy let me chime in. I bought my very first Jeep this year. It's my daily driver, never really planned to go off road much but wanted it to look capable so bought Rubicon. Fast forward 4 months and after joining a few jeep clubs and been on several trails. I LOVE my Snazzleberry paint but here in Arizona you will get pinstripes from all the desert bushes in the trails. This color shows EVERYTHING and super hard to keep clean especially with our clay dirt. If you go off road just once you are going to wish you had bought a Rubicon for front and rear lockers and sway bar alone. you will lift it and will want 37's at some point. Arizona is Jeep Country as you know. Don't get side steps, if you need a step get plastic collapsable stool from Walmart. Steps will get caught up crawling on rocks. I bought them then took off and sold. Get the bells and whistles you want. Remote start is nice when its 120 degrees. Get leather seats.

Trust me, I have had my Ruby since march and I am 8k into mods, the sides are full of desert pin stripes and I NEVER planned to go Offroad. Just remember when you buy your jeep that's just the starting point so do yourself a favor and have a solid starting point. The trick is to try and do it only one time.

I guarantee you this, you live in Arizona, you see a Jeep every 30 seconds. You will wish you bought a Rubicon. The 2.0 Turbo is a great engine and plenty of power. Super happy with it.

Good luck

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
@ArizonaJeepGuy Your price for the 4:1 is for the full-time system. The Rubicon comes with a part-time 4:1 system, just in case you didn't know the difference and thought you had to add a 4:1.

My JLR was $41k, so I get you're ordering a 4-door, but there weren't really any options I regret not getting. I got tow package (upgraded alternator and aux switches), Alpine radio and proximity key (told my build required it, but no one at the dealership understood why) for a Jeep that took eight weeks to get and was only $41k, hardly more than your Willys Sport. Maybe less is more?
Thanks! I thought I was going crazy. Don't need full time 4WD.
Yes, 4 door. Want to be able to tow a small trailer for a quad, dirt bike or a pop up.

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Since you are an Arizona guy let me chime in. I bought my very first Jeep this year. It's my daily driver, never really planned to go off road much but wanted it to look capable so bought Rubicon. Fast forward 4 months and after joining a few jeep clubs and been on several trails. I LOVE my Snazzleberry paint but here in Arizona you will get pinstripes from all the desert bushes in the trails. This color shows EVERYTHING and super hard to keep clean especially with our clay dirt. If you go off road just once you are going to wish you had bought a Rubicon for front and rear lockers and sway bar alone. you will lift it and will want 37's at some point. Arizona is Jeep Country as you know. Don't get side steps, if you need a step get plastic collapsable stool from Walmart. Steps will get caught up crawling on rocks. I bought them then took off and sold. Get the bells and whistles you want. Remote start is nice when its 120 degrees. Get leather seats.

Trust me, I have had my Ruby since march and I am 8k into mods, the sides are full of desert pin stripes and I NEVER planned to go Offroad. Just remember when you buy your jeep that's just the starting point so do yourself a favor and have a solid starting point. The trick is to try and do it only one time.

I guarantee you this, you live in Arizona, you see a Jeep every 30 seconds. You will wish you bought a Rubicon. The 2.0 Turbo is a great engine and plenty of power. Super happy with it.

Good luck
Now that's a testimonial! I wish they had a basic tan color. I had desert pinstripes on my sedan from going places I shouldn't have. I think a Wrangler is the right vehicle for me.

Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't wish I had ordered anything - I made damn sure I got EVERYTHING I wanted. My last vehicle didn't come with heated seats and every time I got in it when it was cold, or my back hurt, I HATED that I didn't wait for one with the seats.

My must haves for my build were:
Cold weather group
Trailer tow group
LED lighting group - yes, you can get the Oracle lights for about 1/3 the price, but the package comes with the fogs, tail lights, and turn signals.
8.4" Radio and premium audio group
Dual top group
Remote-proximity keyless-entry

I'd rather have all that stuff from factory than have to source and install aftermarket parts. I had enough of that finding lift, tires, bumpers, etc.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think it’s crazy that a non-392 rubicon with all options tops $70,000. That’s really absurd. If you get a Ram Power Wagon with all the options, it’s the same price, and offers so much more in features. And there are so many other vehicles at this price point that gives you so much more for your money.

I am drinking the kool-aid and ordered a Rubicon smh.
Sponsored