Sponsored

Which one would you buy

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
It is not a bad price for the Sahara but get the Rubicon, or you might regret it later. Once you get the Jeep itch you would have wished you had done that and then you will be jumping thru hoops to get what you want again.

Might as well do it the first time around and be done with it. Get the Rubicon quote and bring it back to the forum and we can take a look and compare on both so you can make a more informed / complete decision.
Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Test drive one with LED headlights in the dark. They’re amazing! I remember how dim my old jeep headlights were. The difference was like night and day. Can’t go wrong with either trim level. Sahara with four wheel auto is a compelling option, I hear.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
It is not a bad price for the Sahara but get the Rubicon, or you might regret it later. Once you get the Jeep itch you would have wished you had done that and then you will be jumping thru hoops to get what you want again.

Might as well do it the first time around and be done with it. Get the Rubicon quote and bring it back to the forum and we can take a look and compare on both so you can make a more informed / complete decision.
I went online and “built” a rubi with the options I like net price is 52,465, is this msrp?

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Because of your mentioned intended use, If I were you I would go with the Sahara. The wife would probably like to have those creature features and it is more than capable for use as an occasional hunting rig

There should never be regret for buying a Sahara it is a very capable vehicle and unless you think you are going to wake up tomorrow wanting to become the next great rock crawler you just don't need the added capabilities of the Rubicon.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Test drive one with LED headlights in the dark. They’re amazing! I remember how dim my old jeep headlights were. The difference was like night and day. Can’t go wrong with either trim level. Sahara with four wheel auto is a compelling option, I hear.
The Sahara I been looking at only has led tail lights, head lights are halogen

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
I went online and “built” a rubi with the options I like net price is 52,465, is this msrp?
Yes, the price on the build site is MSRP. If you are interested in the Rubi, take your build to the dealer and see what is the best price you can get from them on the unit if you order it.

Bring back that number to the forum and we can compare both offers you have and go from there. We already know the Sahara price is 10% off MSRP based on the pic you posted but its not off of invoice pricing which is ideally where you need to get the discount directly from not the MSRP if possible.

Some dealers have more playroom in a unit on the lot and some others will give you a bigger discount on an ordered unit, they are all a bit different depending on the volume they sell, how long has the unit sat on the lot, etc.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Yes, the price on the build site is MSRP. If you are interested in the Rubi, take your build to the dealer and see what is the best price you can get from them on the unit if you order it.

Bring back that number to the forum and we can compare both offers you have and go from there. We already know the Sahara price is 10% off MSRP based on the pic you posted but its not off of invoice pricing which is ideally where you need to get the discount directly from not the MSRP if possible.

Some dealers have more playroom in a unit on the lot and some others will give you a bigger discount on an ordered unit, they are all a bit different depending on the volume they sell, how long has the unit sat on the lot, etc.
I’ll do that tomorrow

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Question, do you think this is, or could be one of those situations where you buy the Jeep for her but a couple months down the road you end up taking the Jeep and getting her a Range Rover?

If that is the case, then I think you know the answer. Good luck!

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Question, do you think this is, or could be one of those situations where you buy the Jeep for her but a couple months down the road you end up taking the Jeep and getting her a Range Rover?

If that is the case, then I think you know the answer. Good luck!
As much as I’d like to drive a jl i don’t think so. I have a 2 door jk and a ram which is my daily, I don’t see a way of that happening

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Keep shopping and find the Rubi you want with ALL the options you want. My Rubi is loaded. My must have options are: tow package (the AUX switches, bigger alternator and battery were a must have), LED lights (GREAT at night), cold weather (I live in New England), and the basic safety group. The "nice extras" I have: advanced safety group (fun to play with the adaptive cruise control but nothing I needed to have), leather seats (could do aftermarket skins), steel bumper group (LOTS of aftermarket options) and the 8.4. display and sound system (good OEM stuff but lots of aftermarket options also).

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Keep shopping and find the Rubi you want with ALL the options you want. My Rubi is loaded. My must have options are: tow package (the AUX switches, bigger alternator and battery were a must have), LED lights (GREAT at night), cold weather (I live in New England), and the basic safety group. The "nice extras" I have: advanced safety group (fun to play with the adaptive cruise control but nothing I needed to have), leather seats (could do aftermarket skins), steel bumper group (LOTS of aftermarket options) and the 8.4. display and sound system (good OEM stuff but lots of aftermarket options also).
See, I am trying to spend no more than 47-48 and around 50 after fees and taxes. I don’t know if I am wrong but I feel that the Sahara price wise is a great deal and not sure if I pass it up if I’ll find another deal like that

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
See, I am trying to spend no more than 47-48 and around 50 after fees and taxes. I don’t know if I am wrong but I feel that the Sahara price wise is a great deal and not sure if I pass it up if I’ll find another deal like that
What works for you is the name of the game. Only you can decide that, but try to buy what you want (and at the price you want to spend) without regretting not getting something else. Everyone is different, it's all about what YOU and even more so... your WIFE wants lol.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
What works for you is the name of the game. Only you can decide that, but try to buy what you want (and at the price you want to spend) without regretting not getting something else. Everyone is different, it's all about what YOU and even more so... your WIFE wants lol.
Lol. I feel that my wife wants the rubicon, but she won’t tell me because she knows is more money. She did like the Sahara as well but I feel that she’s like the rubi better

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. I feel that my wife wants the rubicon, but she won’t tell me because she knows is more money. She did like the Sahara as well but I feel that she’s like the rubi better
You've got to sit down with her and discuss it. No one on here can tell you what to get. I just listed the options I like the most on my Rubi and the reasons I like them. Pretty much anything can be done aftermarket and over time if there are things you don't get and decide to change later. Also, look around, not sure of your location but try widening your search and check dealers that may not just be next door to you and see what they have in stock. Let the dealers battle one another for the best price. There are other discounts/offers out there also. There was one such discount (can't remember the name now ugh.. something Drive I think) that sent me a $250.00 check after buying my Jeep, once I filled out the paper work. You have to "qualify" through your insurance company you use or corporation/company that you work for, for me it was Verizon that allowed me to check that box. I'm sure someone on here will remember the name of the discount.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
You can carefully option a Rubicon and keep the price a bit lower. No leather or other do-dads that don't actually add much functionality. Think about the fender flares. Painted ones are more fragile than the black ones. Rubicons have some very hard to duplicate mechanical features such as differentials, the transfer case, etc. They are unique and pretty special.
Sponsored