roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
:facepalm:
I ONLY use the best oil at whatever $$$ it costs. It makes me feel warm and cozy inside. I also sleep better at night knowing that the person who buys my vehicles from me is getting a vehicle that has had the best lubricants $$$ can buy.
I wish you would keep it in the garage more for me.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
:facepalm:
I ONLY use the best oil at whatever $$$ it costs. It makes me feel warm and cozy inside. I also sleep better at night knowing that the person who buys my vehicles from me is getting a vehicle that has had the best lubricants $$$ can buy.
It is ok to love your vehicle as long as you don't LOOOOOOVE your vehicle!

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
It is ok to love your vehicle as long as you don't LOOOOOOVE your vehicle!
I'm not one to get attached to vehicles. I usually keep them along time, but thats more because I'd be pissed if I lost 50% depreciation after 3 years vs 60% after 8 years.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 74 CR250 in pieces in my basement. I originally planned to restore it but never did.
Ha! I have a 1973 in my garage, same condition. Took it apart in roughly 2004 to restore it. It’s still apart.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I use whatever 6 quarts the dealer wants to put in my JL.

Deleted member 53226

Whatever Jiffy Lube puts in.
I have nothing against places like Jiffy Lube in theory, but I had a bad experience that put me off them forever. Brought my wife's car there for an oil change because I was too lazy to do it myself that day.

Anyway, everything seemed fine. I paid my overpriced bill and drive it home. In the driveway I notice a huge puddle of oil under the car (which never leaked a drop in all the years I changed oil/filter). Look underneath and car is leaking like a sieve from oil filter and drain pain bolt. Turns out both filter and the bolt were barely screwed on. I think the tech just screwed them on with the intention of tightening up, but then forgot or got distracted. Seriously if I took the car on a long trip that drain pan bolt would have backed out completely it was so loose.

Never again.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have nothing against places like Jiffy Lube in theory, but I had a bad experience that put me off them forever. Brought my wife's car there for an oil change because I was too lazy to do it myself that day.

Anyway, everything seemed fine. I paid my overpriced bill and drive it home. In the driveway I notice a huge puddle of oil under the car (which never leaked a drop in all the years I changed oil/filter). Look underneath and car is leaking like a sieve from oil filter and drain pain bolt. Turns out both filter and the bolt were barely screwed on. I think the tech just screwed them on with the intention of tightening up, but then forgot or got distracted. Seriously if I took the car on a long trip that drain pan bolt would have backed out completely it was so loose.

Never again.
Better under tighten vs over tighten?!?!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I change my own oil using the manual recommended Pennzoil 0W0. I also keep a log book of any maintenance and receipts.

The reason I use the exact recommended oil is because a buddy with an ‘18 Rubicon had engine issues that chewed up the camshafts and since he couldn’t prove what oil he used (he worked at a shop and got the oil for free) they denied warranty.

Not only that, but the dealer did a “gamble repair” costing him $2,800 and it only lasted 4k miles. As it sits now it doesn’t even run.

edit: corrected oil viscosity
Sponsored

Last edited: