Sponsored

Which exhaust do you recommend?

Rollbar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2DR JK Rubicon (dozer) 2018 2DR JL Rubicon (granite) (waiting)
Hey guys and gals,
While I'm still waiting for my new 2DR Rubi to arrive I've been searching thru the exhausts and I am having a hard time figuring out which way to go and almost all videos don't have comparisons that have a top down. I do drive alot with the top down so I'm looking for an exhaust that has a mellow tone. You know, can still have a conversation but enjoy something that doesn't have the stock dull sound.

What do you guys recommend?
Sponsored

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
Following - I would also like to see a comparison of exhausts/intakes

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
To me it depends on how you use your Jeep. I like the look of the dual rear exhausts, but if you do any sort of rock crawling beware they can easily get pinched shut coming off a ledge(Happened to a buddy of mine, we had to cut the tips off on the trail since we were 3 hours away from home.)
I chose the AFE RB center exit exhaust b/c I wanted to keep the area where the factory rear muffler is free for future mod placement. To me it sounds really nice and doesn't have any noticeable drone unless you take the doors off(Doors on/top down it sounds fine, but I think the fact that it exits near the rear door causes drone with them off.)
I would get an exhaust with the muffler in the rear but that doesn't have the tips sticking out the back for a good compromise.

OP
OP

Rollbar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2DR JK Rubicon (dozer) 2018 2DR JL Rubicon (granite) (waiting)
To me it depends on how you use your Jeep. I like the look of the dual rear exhausts, but if you do any sort of rock crawling beware they can easily get pinched shut coming off a ledge(Happened to a buddy of mine, we had to cut the tips off on the trail since we were 3 hours away from home.)
I chose the AFE RB center exit exhaust b/c I wanted to keep the area where the factory rear muffler is free for future mod placement. To me it sounds really nice and doesn't have any noticeable drone unless you take the doors off(Doors on/top down it sounds fine, but I think the fact that it exits near the rear door causes drone with them off.)
I would get an exhaust with the muffler in the rear but that doesn't have the tips sticking out the back for a good compromise.
Thanks for the feedback, I dont really do rock crawling, however I have many things that take me off the beaten path. I also like the look of dual exhaust. I'll look into what you suggested. Thanks Again,

Tom

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
I have the Axle-back Magnaflow duals. My off-road is moderate... i.e. no rocks to crawl in Ohio, but nice logging roads from time to time.

The sound is very good. No major highway "drone" and no "fart-can" obnoxious you get with lessor-priced options. I do notice it's a bit louder at lower speeds than the one I had on my JK. I think the reason why is my JK was a manual, my JL is an auto = at lower speeds the auto shifts up to lowest possible gear for the speed. Low RPM exhaust tends to emit a louder sound than when in the middle of the power-band. But it does have a nice growl.

Build quality is second-to-none. I went with the black and it does look cool without being in your face. The tips tuck nicely under the bumper.

Note I had ordered an early production model and the receiving pipe was too small... so I had to send it back. The replacement bolted on with ease. If you order one today, make sure it was mfg. recently.

Sponsored

Drumpkins

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I have the Axle-back Magnaflow duals. My off-road is moderate... i.e. no rocks to crawl in Ohio, but nice logging roads from time to time.

The sound is very good. No major highway "drone" and no "fart-can" obnoxious you get with lessor-priced options. I do notice it's a bit louder at lower speeds than the one I had on my JK. I think the reason why is my JK was a manual, my JL is an auto = at lower speeds the auto shifts up to lowest possible gear for the speed. Low RPM exhaust tends to emit a louder sound than when in the middle of the power-band. But it does have a nice growl.

Build quality is second-to-none. I went with the black and it does look cool without being in your face. The tips tuck nicely under the bumper.

Note I had ordered an early production model and the receiving pipe was too small... so I had to send it back. The replacement bolted on with ease. If you order one today, make sure it was mfg. recently.
What are the advantages of going with the Cat-back vs Axel?

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
What's up with the loop in the exhaust on Driver's side? back-pressure, resonance, or what?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
When is a high flow cat option going to be available? To get any kind of performance gains we need to remove the restrictions.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
What are the advantages of going with the Cat-back vs Axel?
Some aftermarket cats offer mild performance gains over factory units and less restrictive piping. I did notice the factory muffler had quite a restrictive bend in it near the connector. The Mangnaflow does not.

Drumpkins

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Some aftermarket cats offer mild performance gains over factory units and less restrictive piping. I did notice the factory muffler had quite a restrictive bend in it near the connector. The Mangnaflow does not.
What kind of impact would that have on fuel economy?