Doooouglus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Unlimited
Hi Y'all!

Looking to put a new muffler on my 18 JLUS. Looking at the Flowmaster Force II, Magnaflow MF, and the Borla ATAK. Looking for a good deep sound.... but don't want to wake the neighbors up (if ya know what I mean...) Any suggestions? I keep hearing about annoying droning at speed... definitely DO NOT want that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Doug
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Y'all!

Looking to put a new muffler on my 18 JLUS. Looking at the Flowmaster Force II, Magnaflow MF, and the Borla ATAK. Looking for a good deep sound.... but don't want to wake the neighbors up (if ya know what I mean...) Any suggestions? I keep hearing about annoying droning at speed... definitely DO NOT want that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Doug
I've always been partial to Borla, though I don't have one (yet). They're a great company and I've always loved what I've gotten from them in the past.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hi Y'all!

Doug
2.0 or V6?

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
No one seems to be mentioning the Flo Pro. That one sounds good to my ear, just cannot find it in stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Doooouglus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Unlimited
Never even heard of the Flo Pro... I'll see if I can check it out...

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
As someone that ran dynomax on my xj and loved it. Im going to be running the dynomax muffler delete kit. gives plenty room under the jeep and surprisingly doesnt drone (which was my main concern of not having a muffler). but if you are not a fan of something like that, the borla was my other choice.

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System

No drone -- black or polished - got mine from Quadratec -
FWIW :)

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Are any of those listed high clearance mufflers? If not, anyone recommend a good one?

Reactions: D60

Sponsored

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
As someone that ran dynomax on my xj and loved it. Im going to be running the dynomax muffler delete kit. gives plenty room under the jeep and surprisingly doesnt drone (which was my main concern of not having a muffler). but if you are not a fan of something like that, the borla was my other choice.
I got the dynomax muffler delete for less than $80 on amazon. Provides a lot of space, not too loud, and heck it was less than $80! Very easy install, goes well with the K&n intake

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I got the dynomax muffler delete for less than $80 on amazon. Provides a lot of space, not too loud, and heck it was less than $80! Very easy install, goes well with the K&n intake
Yeah but there's definitely a drone. If I could find a small muffler that was in the middle between stock noise level and muffler-less, I'd be interested

OTOH there is a ton of space under there w the muffler gone ...I'm wondering if I could build brackets to store one of the new ARB hydraulic jacks....

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but there's definitely a drone. If I could find a small muffler that was in the middle between stock noise level and muffler-less, I'd be interested

OTOH there is a ton of space under there w the muffler gone ...I'm wondering if I could build brackets to store one of the new ARB hydraulic jacks....
I used a red cherry bomb glass pack with the delete pipe sounds great and all the clearance you would want

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I used a red cherry bomb glass pack with the delete pipe sounds great and all the clearance you would want
I like that... installed where? Just before the delete pipe? Did you shorten the factory system to fit it? Got pics?
Sponsored