• Total voters

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I’ve got the Baja Designs brackets on my JL and have not noticed any issues since they were installed, but then I’m running a more compact lightweight cube light (Baja Designs Squardon Pro’s).

38025494_2174395239242158_3865730467755982848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg
Sponsored

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Got the Artec mounts and had them powder coated to match the jeep....I think they look awesome!!!
IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Artec mounts and had them powder coated to match the jeep....I think they look awesome!!!
IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

I'd have to agree... I like the look. I tried the same mounts, but the upper/lower cubes I had were slightly different widths and tightening them up affected the angle of the lights. One was a pair of Rigid D-Series, and it was a pain in the ass trying to hold the nuts in place securing the cubes to the brackets. I ended up removing them & went back to the Baja Designs single-mounts until I get the pair of Go Rhino dual-mounts I ordered. I'm really waiting for Rigid to finish development on their dual-mount brackets that allow for the windshield to be lowered unobstructed.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I'd have to agree... I like the look. I tried the same mounts, but the upper/lower cubes I had were slightly different widths and tightening them up affected the angle of the lights. One was a pair of Rigid D-Series, and it was a pain in the ass trying to hold the nuts in place securing the cubes to the brackets. I ended up removing them & went back to the Baja Designs single-mounts until I get the pair of Go Rhino dual-mounts I ordered. I'm really waiting for Rigid to finish development on their dual-mount brackets that allow for the windshield to be lowered unobstructed.
Yes I agree trying to put the lights on while the brackets are mounted is really not possible...I ended up loosely assembling the brackets and lights off the vehicle then mounting them to the vehicle.

Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Yes and no... I was actually referring to the post (#8 here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-the-rigid-ind-cowl-light-pod-brackets.16289/) where you mentioned developing a solution to have the cubes angle outwards.

They actually are what I'm interested in, but I failed to mention also wanting them to angle outwards... My apologies to you for the oversight.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL
Yes and no... I was actually referring to the post (#8 here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-the-rigid-ind-cowl-light-pod-brackets.16289/) where you mentioned developing a solution to have the cubes angle outwards.

They actually are what I'm interested in, but I failed to mention also wanting them to angle outwards... My apologies to you for the oversight.
Gotcha! I'm going to hop onto these and some other JL stuff when I finish my next launch sometime December!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
That's good news... I'm sure there would be a bunch of interested forum members on the lookout.
Thank you for the post.

SLO

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKUR, 2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2015 BMW 535i
IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG
I know this is an old post but how did you match the paint color with powder coat?

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I know this is an old post but how did you match the paint color with powder coat?
Any good powder coater will have a large selection of colors to choose from, whether on hand or by special order. Powder coat is similar to paint in a lot of respects so they should be able to find a color that matches or comes really darn close.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I went with the rough country mount and larger 4" cubes. I also have the 30" hood hing mount light bar as well. The RC mount gets the lights up and out to the side with a minimal bracket. To the OP I highly doubt any will vibrate.

For those considering Cubes and talking about the high priced Rigged Ridge DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$, there are decent quality no name cubes for 1/4 the cost. Keep in mind how often you will use the cubes especially considering they are not legal for on road use. The only think I recommend on those no-name cubes is to caulk the lens to prevent moisture from getting in that is really their weak point.

For those that have pr plan to also add a light bar, make sure you get cubes with a side throw, as you do not need cubes forward if you have a light bar, however Cubes are more for the side lighting. I own a company that designs LED lighting (not off road LED) and these brands that charge an arm and a leg are simply opportunist there are great low cost options. I highly recommend the Rough Country LED's they have a great warranty and a good company backing them.

Lets face it for 99% of us the LED lights will be used at best a couple hours per year, they are more cosmetic than anything else. While many LED manufactures claim 50,000 life (which is pure BS) most of us will be lucky to use them 50 hours. Keep this in mind.

Jeep%20columbia%202_zpseeig7d3q.jpg

BLK%205_zpswz8s3zs0.jpg

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG
Looks great! May I ask what brand and color powdercoating you used? I tried to powder coat some parts here at a local shop and they tried a few colors, but nothing matched the Firecracker red color of the Jeep when they came out of the oven. They all looked terrible.
Sponsored