Sponsored

When is the JL Facelift coming?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Doubt it. The interior facelift was only done once within a Wrangler generation, the JK, because Fiat admitted it was garbage when they bought Chrysler.

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
Doubt it. The interior facelift was only done once within a Wrangler generation, the JK, because Fiat admitted it was garbage when they bought Chrysler.
While not as big of a change as the JK, the 03-06 TJ does have a few noticeable changes from the 97-02s.

I still wouldn’t expect much of any change with the JLs, I think they may be making more yearly small changes now instead of one larger mid cycle change.
a new infotainment system (taken from another Chrysler vehicle) is certainly something that could easily happen in my opinion.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the JL is the best looking iteration of the Jeep Wrangler and I hope they keep the future changes to the interior alone rather than the exterior. I think we are in that sweet spot for great aesthetic appearance with practical size even in the 2-door, but think that Jeep should offer an option for vinyl floors and seats. Maybe they should make all Wranglers come standard with LEDs all around while making BSM and ACC standard. I personally thought the JK was beyond ugly inside and out so I can't complain about the JL hardly at all besides some small things. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Generations are basically a decade, so maybe 2027/8

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
You “may” get an upgraded info system but I’d not expect anything else. As noted changes typically come when a new series shows up.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the JL is the best looking iteration of the Jeep Wrangler and I hope they keep the future changes to the interior alone rather than the exterior. I think we are in that sweet spot for great aesthetic appearance with practical size even in the 2-door, but think that Jeep should offer an option for vinyl floors and seats. Maybe they should make all Wranglers come standard with LEDs all around while making BSM and ACC standard. I personally thought the JK was beyond ugly inside and out so I can't complain about the JL hardly at all besides some small things. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.
Definitely agree it looks new/classic at the same time. Hoping the next generation offers the Hurricane motor and takes some of the 'good' of the Bronco.

What does the Bronco have I like:

USB/power on the dash for whatever ya have up there
Larger screen
Modern motor options
10spd transmission

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
Definitely agree it looks new/classic at the same time. Hoping the next generation offers the Hurricane motor and takes some of the 'good' of the Bronco.

What does the Bronco have I like:

USB/power on the dash for whatever ya have up there
Larger screen
Modern motor options
10spd transmission
Exactly. If Stellantis would take the good offerings for the Bronco while making the standard safety suite of Toyota standard in the Wrangler, it would be the perfect machine. I don't even need power windows and locks as I can still add remote start aftermarket, but those offerings from Ford and Toyota would be nice. Of course nothing comes free, so we would likely see an increase in price on our end.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Exactly. If Stellantis would take the good offerings for the Bronco while making the standard safety suite of Toyota standard in the Wrangler, it would be the perfect machine. I don't even need power windows and locks as I can still add remote start aftermarket, but those offerings from Ford and Toyota would be nice. Of course nothing comes free, so we would likely see an increase in price on our end.
Yeah is it too much to ask for power up 1 touch windows....

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
While not as big of a change as the JK, the 03-06 TJ does have a few noticeable changes from the 97-02s.

I still wouldn’t expect much of any change with the JLs, I think they may be making more yearly small changes now instead of one larger mid cycle change.
a new infotainment system (taken from another Chrysler vehicle) is certainly something that could easily happen in my opinion.
I've seen this argument made before, but the interior of the TJ didn't get a refresh or redesign. They just threw in a handful of newer parts, many from the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, as time went on.

Likewise, the JK interior refresh didn't update any of the technology. It retained the same gauge cluster and radios. In fact, the JK was the last vehicle to still use the old MyGig radios despite UConnect being standard in every other FCA product for years.

Stellantis is penny pinching just like everyone else right now and they'll keep the JL as it is for as long as they can, antiquated technology and all, until the ol' parts bin is bone dry.

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors
I've seen this argument made before, but the interior of the TJ didn't get a refresh or redesign. They just threw in a handful of newer parts, many from the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, as time went on.
I agree it was very minor, but the TJ did get some updates mostly for the sake of appearance and all at once in 03, I would certainly consider it a minor refresh.

All the seats changed, the radio changed shape, meaning the dash also changed shape. The headlight switch moved to a stalk instead of dashboard mounted switch, the steering wheel changed, the interior colors and soft top colors changed, the hard top was redesigned to remove the vents on the C pillar, the tailgate was redesigned to add the vent, the 4 cylinder engine changed from the old 2.4 to the then newer 2.5 which I think was from the PT Cruiser.

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head. I had a 2002 I bought in 2005 so I remember trying to scout out the differences.

I do still agree not to expect much if anything for the JL. Maybe some added or removed features and options but probably nothing big.
Sponsored