Sponsored

What would you do?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Life is so unfair. What would you do in this situation?

I ordered my Jeep on 5/17. I have been patiently waiting and following along with my build (via the dealer and Jeep Chat) since the day I placed my order. This morning Jeep Chat told me my Jeep was delivered to the dealer yesterday. After a brief moment of sheer euphoria I realized it's Friday and my sales rep is off today. WTF!?! My wife is telling me to be patient and wait one more day until my sales rep is in. Every bone in my body is telling me to go to the dealer today. What would you do?

JeepOrder.png
I have ordered cars before and had to wait several days to take deliver after it was delivered to the dealer. They simply did not have enough staff to prep, inspect, do the PPI, detail for delivery.

The sales manager might be able to facilitate your needs though?

I think the real issue is if the dealer can prep and inspect your Wrangler in time for your schedule? It's only one day but the salesman should not have to be there if the dealer can do all the PDI and prep in time for your schedule.
Sponsored

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
Life is so unfair. What would you do in this situation?

I ordered my Jeep on 5/17. I have been patiently waiting and following along with my build (via the dealer and Jeep Chat) since the day I placed my order. This morning Jeep Chat told me my Jeep was delivered to the dealer yesterday. After a brief moment of sheer euphoria I realized it's Friday and my sales rep is off today. WTF!?! My wife is telling me to be patient and wait one more day until my sales rep is in. Every bone in my body is telling me to go to the dealer today. What would you do?

JeepOrder.png
I'd pick it up asap. Why not? unless the rep is a friend, this is just a commerical transaction.

I picked mine up first chance I got. read some of forum horror stories of dealers selling them to walk-ins with mark ups. I wanted to avoid especially given low inventory and how attractive SOTs are in the summer.

OP
OP
PDelena

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I heard back from the dealer. The Jeep will be ready to go at 3:30 this afternoon. The sales rep reached out to me too. He's going to meet me at the dealership at 3:30. He likes to hand off the keys himself.

snazzysahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Altitude
I’m going to go against the grain a little… but… sometimes people on here can be a little overbearing. I know 99% of dealers are scumbags, however, when I read about people blowing up their salesperson’s phone/email everyday asking for updates, or demanding they be told exactly when the truck will arrive so they can watch their Jeep be unloaded, etc., it’s a little cringey. There are processes to receiving and prepping new vehicles—and right now pretty much every business is short-staffed. A couple of days won’t kill you, and all you’ve accomplished is making sure your Jeep and experience will be rushed and half-assed.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
@PDelena - Great news! I'm glad they will accommodate your request. Now you just have to suffer through the break-im before you can really start enjoying it

I picked mine up first chance I got. read some of forum horror stories of dealers selling them to walk-ins with mark ups. I wanted to avoid especially given low inventory and how attractive SOTs are in the summer.
Can the dealership legally do this on a ordered vehicle? Mine just came in to the depot today and they won't have it ready until mid next week. The earliest i could get it would be next weekend. With it being a holiday weekend, it could sit on the lot a few days or longer.

I wouldn't think there is a high demand for a fire cracker red Rubi with a 6-speed, but still.... should I be worried that there is another sick son-of-bitch out there with $50k+ burning a hole in their pocket?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDelena

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
An update...

I picked up the Jeep Friday afternoon. To save some time, we held off on the detailing. (Whenever I have a few hours to kill, I can take it back for a detail. Might as well get it good and dirty first.) Anyway, we left the dealers and immediately went away for the weekend. We just got home. My wife and I are LOVING the Jeep!!!

Thanks to everyone who offered an opinion. On a side note, it felt sooo good waving at other Jeep owners. It's like having a new extended family.

Jeep Wrangler JL What would you do? IMG_0475

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
An update...

I picked up the Jeep Friday afternoon. To save some time, we held off on the detailing. (Whenever I have a few hours to kill, I can take it back for a detail. Might as well get it good and dirty first.) Anyway, we left the dealers and immediately went away for the weekend. We just got home. My wife and I are LOVING the Jeep!!!

Thanks to everyone who offered an opinion. On a side note, it felt sooo good waving at other Jeep owners. It's like having a new extended family.

IMG_0475.jpeg
@PDelena

Be happy / pleased they did not clean (Yeah right) your JLU.

There are a zillion guys like me that tell the stealership to keep their alleged ... so called, detail guys away from the vehicle.... to keep pretty much keep everyone's hands off..

Stealership's detail guy(s) do little more then damage the finish and apply shiny chittt on the tires.

My factory ordered JL rolled off the truck and I was called right away..... I immediately went to the dealership.

My JL there untouched until I got there... General Manager there understood my desires and said I don't blame you.

I myself removed the plastic seat coverings, stickers, plastic alignment clips on the windows, the small boxes with different things, put my plates on ... then signed the paperwork and off to my garage for cleanup and such.
Sponsored