Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hi all,
found a 19 JLUR, still brand new on lot, and advertised as new, but bank says cuz past March of this year, it is considered used for loan purposes. Rubicon is a soft top with leather, cold weather, and safety packages, msrp at $53k.
factoring in 10% for taxes for California, what would you offer or pay for this Rubicon.....out the door with tax and license?
What would be a good deal?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'd find another bank. I bought a new 2019 in June of this year and it was financed as new.

OP
OP

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'd find another bank. I bought a new 2019 in June of this year and it was financed as new.
What type of discount did you get?
Bay area dealers are pretty tight and not discounting much.
They are willing to sell it for $50.5k out the door.....but that still seemed a bit high to me.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Id look around and see what low mile used 2019's are going for in your area with similar options and offer them that. Essentially its a used car and with 2021's on the horizon its almost 2 years dated. Unless you are in a time crunch id take a drive and find a dealer to order you a 21 at the magic 8% below invoice.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They are willing to sell it for $50.5k out the door.....but that still seemed a bit high to me.
MSRP was right at $58k and got it for $46k (plus tax, title, etc.).

OP
OP

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Id look around and see what low mile used 2019's are going for in your area with similar options and offer them that. Essentially its a used car and with 2021's on the horizon its almost 2 years dated. Unless you are in a time crunch id take a drive and find a dealer to order you a 21 at the magic 8% below invoice.
No good dealers in Cali to work with....and going out of state, voids lemon law eligibility here? did find one recommended from form in so cal, but his best is 4% for 21 model.....which is way better than every other dealer I spoke too Who will only order at msrp

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thx....so not a great deal....he’s about $7500 off msrp
There was an FCA rebate of around $1,500 at the time, which helped get the price lower. Plus it was Mojito! and the sales guy said the color was the main reason they still had that 2019 on the lot. I felt like I hit the lottery with that price, since I wanted that color and it had almost every option I wanted (didn't have steel bumper group).

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
There was an FCA rebate of around $1,500 at the time, which helped get the price lower. Plus it was Mojito! and the sales guy said the color was the main reason they still had that 2019 on the lot. I felt like I hit the lottery with that price, since I wanted that color and it had almost every option I wanted (didn't have steel bumper group).
Mojito is awesome!!

There should be fica rebates on what is now turning into 2 yr old jeep.
Im with you, go no higher than $45/46k otd!

OP
OP

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Mojito is awesome!!

There should be fica rebates on what is now turning into 2 yr old jeep.

Im with you, go no higher than $45/46k otd!
Thanks... no other FCA rebates showing for 19 wrangler yet...
i can wait...

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hi all,
found a 19 JLUR, still brand new on lot, and advertised as new, but bank says cuz past March of this year, it is considered used for loan purposes. Rubicon is a soft top with leather, cold weather, and safety packages, msrp at $53k.
factoring in 10% for taxes for California, what would you offer or pay for this Rubicon.....out the door with tax and license?
What would be a good deal?
Trade + 10%. Around there anyway. Market is weird right now in some areas where inventory is low. Also, does the warranty start now... or did it already start? Assuming the former... it's probably worth $40k. But again, market is weird.

Trade values have shot way up recently.... for instance KBB is now suggesting a trade value $10k higher than 2 months ago, with 4,000 more miles on my JLUR. I have 20,000 miles on my JLUR and it thinks it's worth $47k on trade. I paid $52k (on a sticker of $60k). Given trade, lease buyout, etc., I have about a grand or two in equity at the moment, with those numbers. But I'm doubting those numbers as KBB tends to be off.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Monsterdun

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Trade + 10%. Around there anyway. Market is weird right now in some areas where inventory is low. Also, does the warranty start now... or did it already start? Assuming the former... it's probably worth $40k. But again, market is weird.

Trade values have shot way up recently.... for instance KBB is now suggesting a trade value $10k higher than 2 months ago, with 4,000 more miles on my JLUR. I have 20,000 miles on my JLUR and it thinks it's worth $47k on trade. I paid $52k (on a sticker of $60k). Given trade, lease buyout, etc., I have about a grand or two in equity at the moment, with those numbers. But I'm doubting those numbers as KBB tends to be off.
Thx....looking at Craigslist and other sites, I have come across other 18-19 rubicon under 10k miles, still selling for $45-48k. Once you add taxes, over $52-53k....where unfortunate ca taxes is a killer.

kind of hoping they can get it down to $47k out the door...may consider.

like you said, inventory is low at a lot of local dealers, which they all think msrp is their best price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thx....looking at Craigslist and other sites, I have come across other 18-19 rubicon under 10k miles, still selling for $45-48k. Once you add taxes, over $52-53k....where unfortunate ca taxes is a killer.

kind of hoping they can get it down to $47k out the door...may consider.

like you said, inventory is low at a lot of local dealers, which they all think msrp is their best price.
Yeah, I mean honestly at that point it's probably worth while to just order a new one (a 2021) that will show up in a few months. Should be pretty easy to get 7-8% off an ordered vehicle ($52k becomes $48k + tax) since there's no restrictions on placing orders. Two model years newer... certainly will do better value wise than the 19 deal once supply normalizes.

You are essentially only paying 10% less than a '21 with the $47k OTD deal. If you keep it a long time, like literally until the JL replacement is out, that's probably still fine and it won't matter, so take the OTD deal if it comes along. My logic with that is warranty is still like a brand new vehicle, no miles, no wear and tear.. so its identical to you at that point to buying a new one, just cheaper.
Sponsored