Sponsored

Found scratch 2 days after delivery. What would you do?

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
The day I picked up my 2020 Sahara it was raining so there was no way I could see any scratches. 2 days later, when it was dry, I noticed a fairly deep scratch on the rear panel of the hard top. I haven't taken it anywhere where I could have caused this so it was clearly there before I picked it up. What would you do in this case?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The day I picked up my 2020 Sahara it was raining so there was no way I could see any scratches. 2 days later, when it was dry, I noticed a fairly deep scratch on the rear panel of the hard top. I haven't taken it anywhere where I could have caused this so it was clearly there before I picked it up. What would you do in this case?
I'd go out and enjoy the Jeep on a good off road trail as she was cheated by the first scar not occurring doing what she's meant to do....

OP
OP

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Haha figured Iā€™d get a response like that. Just hurts that it wasnā€™t me that caused it. :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Talk nice to your salesman. Maybe they'll do something but don't hold your breath.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Haha figured Iā€™d get a response like that. Just hurts that it wasnā€™t me that caused it. :)
I used to drive Audi's for many years and one of the most surprising realizations about owning a Jeep is that stuff that would bug me with the Audi's I just don't care about as much. That leads to less stress.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Paul,
We're sorry to hear about the paint concern you have experienced with your new Wrangler. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, our team is available via private message.
Alex
JeepCares

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I picked up my brand new JLU with tan seats last Monday.

Immediately saw a black mark on the driverā€™s seat, probably some kind of grease.

first thought was, yup, itā€™s a Jeep, get over it.
Sponsored