Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The date of delivery for the last one ordered before plant shutdown and the date of the first one delivered after it reopens? And will anyone getting the first ones off the line when reopened be concerned about quality?

My dates are 4/29 and 5/26.
Sponsored

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Having one sit in D! status before shutdown. i am guessing i will see mine end of May, or for Fathers day present.
I'm hoping out of plant ASAP and rail just a quick, but yes, on the other hand... I am concerned about Quality. Would prefer everything be up and running smoothly as normal before mine makes it down the line. Damn... Want it ASAP but want it right. It would be good to know 1st Vin # out the door, door prizes for the 1st 100.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if the welding robots are zeroed in on the first one or it takes a few go through before it gets in a groove.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
that is exactly my concerns.. machines need to be warmed up just as people do on a Monday morning.
Maybe Jeep Cares can jump in if reading and provide us a brief summary of their process for start up. and QC.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for tagging us. The customer-sold orders will be prioritized, and every vehicle will go through the proper quality control checkpoints. Once production restarts, we will be happy to provide vehicle order updates through private messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
All of the articles that I have read have been saying that the UAW is not supporting going back to work May 4th. We will see what happens, if they can reach an agreement with the automakers that they're comfortable with.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I donā€™t think theyā€™re in a big hurry to let more vehicles sit on asphalt. As far as quality, Iā€™m sure they will be as average as the rest of them. I donā€™t think a date really matters.

rba89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLU
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for tagging us. The customer-sold orders will be prioritized, and every vehicle will go through the proper quality control checkpoints. Once production restarts, we will be happy to provide vehicle order updates through private messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

When production resumes, will customer-sold orders with manual transmissions be prioritized? Are there still outstanding issues preventing Wranglers with manual transmission from being built?

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
I was led to believe by several, including my dealer, that customer sold orders were always a priority.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
When production resumes, will customer-sold orders with manual transmissions be prioritized? Are there still outstanding issues preventing Wranglers with manual transmission from being built?
When production resumes, the JLs with manual transmissions will be ready to proceed on the line.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I was led to believe by several, including my dealer, that customer sold orders were always a priority.
If I recall correctly, Jim Morrison made that point on the digital round table call

Ktrumbull20

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler altitude
VIN: 1C4HJXDG7LW285345

my wrangler unlimited sport altitude has been in KZ status since 3/26/2020. When do we think these shipping companies are going to get rolling again? If itā€™s completed and awaiting shipment like my dealer said, when do we think it will come up here to Traverse City?

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
VIN: 1C4HJXDG7LW285345

my wrangler unlimited sport altitude has been in KZ status since 3/26/2020. When do we think these shipping companies are going to get rolling again? If itā€™s completed and awaiting shipment like my dealer said, when do we think it will come up here to Traverse City?
Is it just KZ or are there additional codes after the KZ, there are 17 different variations of the KZ code. I would guess since you are within a few hundred miles of Toledo it will go completely by truck, no rail. Does your dealer have an exact location of where it is at? If it has started its journey he can tell you where it is from his delivery system. But Michigan may not consider it an essential load for a trucker. My son hauls meat from processing plants to distributors and he has received a couple of letters from states saying he is an essential worker and authorized to transport through their state.

Ktrumbull20

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler altitude
Is it just KZ or are there additional codes after the KZ, there are 17 different variations of the KZ code. I would guess since you are within a few hundred miles of Toledo it will go completely by truck, no rail. Does your dealer have an exact location of where it is at? If it has started its journey he can tell you where it is from his delivery system. But Michigan may not consider it an essential load for a trucker. My son hauls meat from processing plants to distributors and he has received a couple of letters from states saying he is an essential worker and authorized to transport through their state.
I believe it just says KZ and is awaiting transport. Dealer said itā€™s been sitting in the ā€œrail yardā€ since 3/26. I was thinking the same thing as we donā€™t have railroads that go from Toledo to Traverse City.
Sponsored