Sponsored

When will the 4.88 be available to order?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Just checked with a dealer today. I want to order a 2dr Rubicon 6sp manual with the optional 4.88 gears and 100:1 Crawl Ratio. Any idea when Jeep will allow this order?
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
4.88 gears will only be available to order with the Extreme Recon package. Looking at the order guides, the Extreme Recon package isn't available with the 2 door. So maybe never, unless something changes.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
4.88 gears will only be available to order with the Extreme Recon package. Looking at the order guides, the Extreme Recon package isn't available with the 2 door. So maybe never, unless something changes.
But the recon package was only available in the auto. To me it sounded as if the 4.88 and recon were 2 different option groups.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
But the recon package was only available in the auto. To me it sounded as if the 4.88 and recon were 2 different option groups.
From what I read, the Recon Package will eventually be available with the other engine/trans configurations.

Is this true? Will this change? I don't know. Maybe they will offer gears without the Recon Package. However, I sorted of doubt it. 4.88 with stock tires would kill their MPG ratings which the GOV nails them for.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Just checked with a dealer today. I want to order a 2dr Rubicon 6sp manual with the optional 4.88 gears and 100:1 Crawl Ratio. Any idea when Jeep will allow this order?
When it comes to the 2 dr I think you are going to have to build your own.

My 2 dr Rubicon has been built (hopefully shipped) and I have wheels and tires here waiting for it.
Sponsored