Power sky top when will it be available to order

billmill57

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Anyone have a clue when power sky top will be available to order?
Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to JLWF, Bill! Please refer to our JL Wrangler production timeline / schedule for when we anticipate certain models, engines, options will begin production. As the chart shows, we believe the Sky One-Touch Powertop will begin production around May 2018.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I just hope this option is built into a standard black hardtop and not colored ones like I’ve seen in all the photos and videos. I’m not a fan of painted hard tops or fender flares.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Welcome to JLWF, Bill! Please refer to our JL Wrangler production timeline / schedule for when we anticipate certain models, engines, options will begin production. As the chart shows, we believe the Sky One-Touch Powertop will begin production around May 2018.
If production starts in May I wonder how far in advance I could order a JL with the power top.

I would really like my shiny spanking new JL in time for summer. So if possible would like to get on the waiting list for an early build.

Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Anyone have a clue when power sky top will be available to order?
My dealer told me last weekend that it won't be available until "fourth quarter," despite rumors that production would start in May. Not sure which to believe, as the dealer did not seem to have any information about the top other than what was seen during the "reveal event."

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
My dealer told me last weekend that it won't be available until "fourth quarter," despite rumors that production would start in May. Not sure which to believe, as the dealer did not seem to have any information about the top other than what was seen during the "reveal event."
Nobody's perfect but.... I have found that @JAY and the other informants on this site seem to be much more accurate than the dealers. take that for what you will.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
If it is to begin production in May, I would anticipate ordering to begin in May also, as the first set of late reveal colors are to begin production on February 5th and as of today (1/25) they still can not be ordered!

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Nobody's perfect but.... I have found that @JAY and the other informants on this site seem to be much more accurate than the dealers. take that for what you will.
I agree 100%, and I sure hope the May production date is accurate because there is no way I can wait until fourth quarter! I was just passing on what I was told by a sales manager.
Sponsored