What wheels do you use when wheeling?

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I was wondering if when you are going to do hard core wheeling do you have a second set of rims? I ask because Im thinking about getting a set of steel rims dedicated to just off road. I cant see spending 300+ per rim only to beat the crap out of them off-road.

Is this a dumb idea? Do others do this?
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I have a set of bead locks with mud terrains.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've always wondered what wheels wheelers use when wheelers are wheeling with wheels? ;)

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Rock rash is a badge of honor. Haha. If you're that worried about the looks of your wheels, get a set with a rock ring. You can then either replace or refinish as necessary. I can't imagine having to change out four 100lb+ wheels/tires every time I wanted to go wheeling. No thanks. I live with the scratches.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I was wondering if when you are going to do hard core wheeling do you have a second set of rims? I ask because Im thinking about getting a set of steel rims dedicated to just off road. I cant see spending 300+ per rim only to beat the crap out of them off-road.

Is this a dumb idea? Do others do this?
I’ve thought about doing this. I’ve been wheelin for 15+ years, and every time I trash a set of rims I say I’m going to have a second off road set. Plus that would allow me to run KO2s on the street and larger KM3s on the trail... I even kept my stock JL rims just in case I pull the trigger. But I think Sean K is right, I’m just too lazy to swap tires reliably, so I haven’t pulled the trigger on those KM3s yet.
Sponsored