Sponsored

wscottyh

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon
Best advice in these conditions, stay home, it’s not you with good jeeping experience, it’s the inexperienced idiots that are out there that will run into you

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Going to add something I just did recently (B4 I read the other responses). During our most recent blizzard a section of the road I was travelling on, just before pulling onto my back road was all but drifted shut. The next day it was 100% blocked with drifts and vehicles stuck in them (See the pic where I am coming out of my back road onto the 4 lane. From the point of the pic where I am, up to the small light you see, is the south bound section I came through the night before. That morning is when I saw it was 100% blocked with multiple cars stuck. The plows could not get through at that time due to the cars on the road. This small section I have the pic of was nothing compared to the upper section.).

Visibility was so bad I found myself coming up on a car parked/stuck in the middle of the 2-lane road with its flashers on and no one inside. I did not see his/her flashers until I was almost on their rear bumper. At this point of my drive (on a road normally designed for 65 mph, I was doing about 5 mph with my flashers on.

Since I saw how ineffectual the flashers were at letting folks from behind know I was there, I also turned on my rear @Diode Dynamics yellow flood lights I installed for camping, backing up in poor visibility and situations precisely like this. And yes, I have their yellow fogs on the fron end as you can see in the last pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672754631703
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672754585821
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672754541980
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672754504323
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672754194058
Jeep Wrangler JL What to do in a snow storm.... 1672753966991
Sponsored