First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Does this table rattle while on trails? I really like this design but am concerned it'll rattle something furious.
It rattles, it comes open on it's own and rattles much more then, it is fincky to setup.

It is complete crap.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
...tell me how you really feel😂
I would get the thread closed for profanity ;)

If you do build custom knives you will appreciate things well built. You will have zero appreciation for the poorly bent pieces of aluminum plate that is the RSE table.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would get the thread closed for profanity ;)

If you do build custom knives you will appreciate things well built. You will have zero appreciation for the poorly bent pieces of aluminum plate that is the RSE table.
I originally had plans to get the RSE table but after watching a few vids of ppl that have one I just thought it looked a bit flimsy, I know it’s just a table to set food on or a grill but wanted something a bit beefier so went with the Trailgater from Outback Adventures and it’s rock solid and zero rattles.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
For everyone that is using a table with an additional slide-out board: if you slide the board towards your jeep, you can rest it on the cabin floor.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 20210315_153341

Now you can put much heavier items on the extension, like gallons of water. It also helps protect lighter objects from wind, and won't wobble everywhere and knock things over if you actually use it as a cutting board that you'll never wash, since it is closer to the fulcrum and not hanging off the end of the tailgate/lever.

I use the Frontrunner table, and I've removed the thumbscrews holding the table entirely, so it can slide either direction. This also lets me pull the whole slide out to use wherever, or to successfully clean it.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I ended using my Outback Adventures table from my JK. Drilled new holes and used the threaded holes on the rear door. I originally mounted it high cause I didn't think I would have enough clearance for it when I closed the door and just wasn't going to use the slide out shelf. Once I had it installed I noticed that I had enough room and could lower it and use the sliding shelf! No rattles so far and is pretty sturdy without screw attachments points along the bottom of it.

It's not perfect but saved $300!

tempImagejy1fUj.png

tempImageJZMact.png

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Is anyone using a rear cargo mat from Husky in their JL and have a tailgate table installed? The mat has about a 1-2" lip so I'm worried I won't be able to properly close my tailgate if it has a table attached to it.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Is anyone using a rear cargo mat from Husky in their JL and have a tailgate table installed? The mat has about a 1-2" lip so I'm worried I won't be able to properly close my tailgate if it has a table attached to it.
If it is a problem, could you just take a razor to it with a straight edge and trim it back?

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Installed a Springtail, also added a chopping board from Amazon, chopped it to fit and sanded smooth. Screwed some rare earth magnets to the back and notched the board so when it's closed the latch brackets and magnets hold it in place. The magnets also lift the chopping board up 5mm and allow the straps from the bags to go through without getting in the way. Only mod I did to the table was to replace the bolts with black button head bolts as I didn't like the hex head ones being so obvious.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 20210403_111152

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 20210403_111159

You can kinda see the chopping board slotted around the upper brackets in this pic of the thing all closed up. It just slips into place when closed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 20210403_111230

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Love my Trailgater!
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? IMG_3756
Sponsored

Last edited: