What does that switch do?

TXWRANGLER20

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What does that switch do? I switch all way off and all way on but nothing happens.

1A4A7089-A411-454F-AEA8-7D0A146A80BB.jpeg
I believe it is your ambient light switch, at night you can have a glow on the floors and I think the cup holders in center console
Sponsored

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
It repositions the sun if it’s in your face while driving

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
In James Bond's Aston Martin DB5, the eject button was contained within an enclosure under a hinged cap at the top of the gear shift (see photo below.)

FCA considered similar placement for the system activator in "Emergency Passenger Egress" or "EPE" equipped JL Wranglers but was forced to modify the design, fearing another shifter related lawsuit after the death of actor Anton Yelchin due to what was ruled to be a flaw in the shifter design in the Grand Cherokee. As such, FCA engineers determined the best place for the EPE switch was to be out of the way and hard to reach in order to prevent inadvertent activation of the EPE system. In addition, they chose a "thumbwheel" style design in order for the operator to adjust the egress velocity and altitude of the departing passenger so they can properly clear the obstacle or threat requiring EPE system activation.

An owners manual supplement outlining the system was scheduled for April 2020 delivery but was delayed by COVID-19.

Jeep Wrangler JL What does that switch do? 1592306937947
Sponsored