Sponsored

What does Stellantis mean for Jeep going forward?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The only platforms that Peugeot are building are for much smaller vehicles. So might impact the renegade and compass. Anything larger is going to come from the fca side.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It is true that Ram is FCA’s biggest selling vehicle.

But don’t forget Rams normally sell for 15% to 20%+ off MSRP; Wranglers don’t need much discounting to sell. So, in terms of profits, Wrangler has to come close to Ram.
Agreed. RAM sales also includes classic RAM, 1500, 2500, and 3500. (The Wrangler does include 2 and 4 doors models)

Also the Grand Cherokee and Cherokee, Jeep 1st and 3rd best selling models are also heavily incentivized as well. They have 0% for 72 & 84 months and a couple grand of incentives. Wrangler has 0% for 36 month and that is it. I know The lease MF on the GC works out to be near 0%, Wranglers MF are over 4%

Jeep may roll out incentives to combat the Bronco and it may cut into sales, but I don't see the Wrangler going anywhere in the next 5 years and probably in the 10 year window as well. (A lot can change in 10 years)

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Ford will quickly present an EV Bronco (using Rivian platform) and Jeep Wrangler will be in a bad way.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The only platforms that Peugeot are building are for much smaller vehicles. So might impact the renegade and compass. Anything larger is going to come from the fca Chrysler side.
There. I fixed it for yah.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
If they stop making the 2-door, I will be hanging on to my current JL forever. I have a 4-door JK as a family station wagon. My 2-door is my toy, my daily driver and my mistress, all rolled up into one.
I did a post that turned into over 100 comments on the future of the 2 door. The gist was that locally where I am, 2 doors made up less than 8% of the available inventory. With numbers that low, it becomes tougher for Stellantis to invest hundreds of millions to redesign the 2 door when the “JM” version comes out.

Logic would say that they would not discontinue a vehicle that most people actually associate with the Jeep Brand, but if sales fall to less than 25-30K a year, it is a tough justification to make.
Sponsored