First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I spin wrenches on Army junk. Been doing it since 97' Mostly while wearing green. Working on the Fed scale now trying to get Guard crap ready for whatever comes next.

Bamaprof

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel, 2018 Ram 3500 6.7 Dually
Occupation
Professor
Vehicle Showcase
Bored on my lunch break so I thought I’d start a new thread.
So what does everybody do for a living? I’ll start. I’m a pipefitter/plumber. If you’re currently driving a Moab please move on; I’d hate for you to get stuck;)
Professor at Bama, also have a small ranch raising Highland Cattle, full time hunter during season!

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Retired 2009 after 31 years Telecom Engineer age 51
Retired 2015 after 3 years Cable Company Video on Demand Systems Analyst age 57
I now only work for pay on projects/opportunities I find interesting for as long as they stay interesting. I did pull craft beer tap handles the summer of 2016 for 3 months to help out a local independent coffee shop/bar. It was the most fun I ever had getting paid but my back couldn't handle all the standing around in a tight space.

Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I’m a Strategy & Operations consultant, or as my daughter says, “My daddy is a doctor for companies.”

I used to work in NASA mission control as a “pilot” for the International Space Station. I’d dock the ISS with the Space Shuttle, Russian Progress and Soyuz vehicles, fly out of the way of orbital debris, etc. I loved the work but it burned me out, as it does most. I had a tons of gray hair by 25 and the stress hormone levels of soldiers who see regular combat.

I’m so glad I did it, and that I’m doing something else now.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I now only work for pay on projects/opportunities I find interesting for as long as they stay interesting. I did pull craft beer tap handles the summer of 2016 for 3 months to help out a local independent coffee shop/bar. It was the most fun I ever had getting paid but my back couldn't handle all the standing around in a tight space.
Name checks out

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic.
Now working as Medicolegal Death Investigator.

Sponsored

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
So you went from Frame Relay to Sonet to Ethernet... and then ended up in the swamp of content! Enjoy your retirement - you've paid your dues!