Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
How do you tell who is healthy? By your logic, doctors shouldn’t were masks while performing surgery since they aren’t infectious, right?
Those without symptoms are healthy. Surgery is a different story, you are opening up the body to infection from what are normally harmless germs.
Sponsored

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
All viruses I know of pass through openings in the skin, not just surgical openings. If we KNEW you could not infect unless you were symptomatic AND we had a responsible populace, I would agree with your logic. We don’t know and we have a portion of the populace that is irresponsible.

Countries with a more scientific response have had a lower mortality rate and their economies have not been as affected. Our “freedoms” have hampered our response and recovery.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So what about all the healthy people that aren't infected? Why are they wearing masks?
So that if they do get infected, they don't spread it to other people.

The WHO did extensive contact tracing in other countries...those without symptoms are not spreading the illness.

(If you click the link it'll take you to a transcript were a rep from the CDC walks back that claim)
or go here
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06...pread-world-health-organization-who-covid-19/

Also, 96% recovery in the USA, among the 0.2% testing positive.
I think that's fantastic, wonderful news!

Something to think about as they are start restricting our freedoms in the name of the invisible boogeyman. Deaths are near zero at this point, btw.
(I wonder how much of a role the white house HHS taking over CDC for reporting played in this)

Ya know, car accident deaths went down a lot because people wearing seatbelts. I guess that means we don't need to wear seatbelts anymore.

My biggest problem is most of the complaints are about what other people are doing. For example, not letting you into their stores because you don't have a mask on, or "Big 10 canceled football till spring???"

Nobody said businesses have to allow people without masks. Wouldn't that be infringing upon the rights of the business owners?

Anyway, a lot of the "see, everything's fine now!" attitude seems to have no memory whatsoever. "Look, no kids are getting sick! Let's open the schools!" (suddenly lots of kids get sick. Why am I not surprised?)

That I get though. I get people being pissed off about schools. Lots of people were using it as free daycare. Now they actually have to babysit their kids all day, and lots of families have a father+mother working so they can't afford to do that, especially if they can't work from home.

The whole situation is a cluster**** and lousy for everyone, no doubt. I can understand the complaining. The worst part is, both scientists and politicians have been proclaiming this would eventually happen, and it did, and we as a country got caught with our pants down.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The hospital director in Milan, Italy has recently said the virus is gone. They have no new cases. People are building immunity, and it lasts longer than 3 months contrary to what the media says. They are doing plasma transplants from people that have recovered to those that are having a hard time. I know locally this has pulled people out of critical care.
I personally know a couple kids that had it, a 6 and 9 year old that are friends with my kids. They recovered in less than 12 hours. Fear of the virus is worse than the virus itself in most cases.

Sponsored

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The hospital director in Milan, Italy has recently said the virus is gone. They have no new cases. People are building immunity, and it lasts longer than 3 months contrary to what the media says. They are doing plasma transplants from people that have recovered to those that are having a hard time. I know locally this has pulled people out of critical care.
I personally know a couple kids that had it, a 6 and 9 year old that are friends with my kids. They recovered in less than 12 hours. Fear of the virus is worse than the virus itself in most cases.
Link? Oh that’s right, you don’t do those. Also, even if someONE did say that. It isn’t a study from a group. SomeONE can say anything. A simplistic google search of “Italy COVID update” shows 953 cases today alone and more than that yesterday and the day before.
Jeep Wrangler JL Get busy living E647D0A1-575F-467B-8DE1-7315D2BEBAC7

I am done posting here as NO ONE is posting links backing up what they “know”. I am going to “unwatch” so as not to further increase my cynicism about anti-intellectualism. Y’all enjoy your echo chamber.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Ya know, car accident deaths went down a lot because people wearing seatbelts. I guess that means we don't need to wear seatbelts anymore.
That reminded me of a funny analogy I read the other day.

A couple of skydivers jumped out of the plane. Halfway down they open their chutes and they slowed down. One yelled over to the other as they were slowly descending and said, "Hey, our parachutes worked. I guess we can take them off now."

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sweden has developed herd immunity by doing nothing. They are calling 0.057% dead a 'high' rate.
It's true that Sweden has been pretty lax about it, like many states in the US have. However, they do have some stuff going on. It's not like they're all like "LETS ALL HAVE WEDDING PARTIES! YOLO!"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133

I also suspect that in Sweden they don't have the same toxic "go to work sick" culture we have (and it's cousin, the "send your kids to school sick" culture lol)

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I was already exposed to covid by one of my coworkers. Back in February there were a few days where he looked like he was super sick. When I asked him how he was doing he was like "Oh yeah I just had a really bad fever but it stopped this morning."

Ugh. I wish people wouldn't do that.

Anyway, it looks like they are a bit better about having your back if you're sick:
https://www.loc.gov/law/foreign-new...sick-leave-rules-during-coronavirus-outbreak/

And heck, while we're at it, I suppose I'll provide this to read too.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...to-u-s#Can-Swedens-approach-work-in-the-U.S.?

A lot of jobs don't provide much sick leave or vacation time.

California does have mandatory sick leave laws but they really don't give much .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/09/coronavirus-california-sick-leave/5002251002/

Apparently food sector workers get 80 hours if they're diagnosed with it though! That's pretty good.

https://www.californiaemploymentlaw...sick-leave-order-what-employers-need-to-know/

Could be better though. I do think we need people to be a little more altruistic for something like that to actually work.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Sweden has developed herd immunity by doing nothing. They are calling 0.057% dead a 'high' rate. Here is a link for @Shaved Ice
https://www.barrons.com/articles/sw...fusing-to-lock-down-experts-claim-51598291136

Jeep Wrangler JL Get busy living sweden
I have traveled all over the US this year Jeeping and I could have taken this picture every where that I went. Michigan has high numbers of deaths because well our Governor is an idiot. She forced covid sick people into nursing homes with the most at risk population in the state. 1/3 of the deaths in Michigan has been from elderly people in nursing home. They readily admit to charging deaths to covid that are not covid. Gun shot wound to the head....yup covid. Car accident.....yup covid. Sign up for a covid test, don't go take the test, yup you got the covid. There are example after example of things like this in Michigan. 10,000 people a day can go through Walmart, yet not a small business that may have 15 customers a day. Michigan covid virus is smart. Protest for your rights....yup you spread the covid, protest and kick the windows out of the office building where the Governor's office is....Yup no covid. Michigan response has been a JOKE. Set up a multi-million dollar field hospital, yea they had about 20 people treated at it. The hospitals were laying employees off and having financial difficulty because all other forms of medical treatment were not allowed. Well at least she opened up the part of the state that she wanted to have her daughters open house at and go boating for the weekend for a few weeks.

I lost all respect for my Governor when she sent 6 armed State Troopers to arrest a 77 year old barber and then the following week, let protesters kick out her office building windows and then went and marched with the protesters.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I need to start carrying this around if some Karen wants me to wear a mask.
Jeep Wrangler JL Get busy living helmet 3
One of my favorite t-shirts. Also a great mask!
Sponsored