Sponsored

We're number one! For highest markups?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah it's crap. There aren't many dealers in my area asking anywhere near that over.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My dealer straight up told me they were marking up prices on their "harder to get" vehicles to steer away out of area buyers. Not sure about that logic, since it may take local buyers away with them 😆

They told me not to worry about my order being marked up. I guess I'll have to see how willing they are to go to invoice or below for this purchase since I bought my GC from them in 2019 under invoice. But that's pre-pandemic, so who knows...

I haven't locked in anything on my order for pricing, trade, etc. But since I'm only $5 in the hole right now, I have no problem walking away from it if they try to pull some MSRP/over MSRP nonsense once I get to the "real" deposit when/if my order ever gets past D1 😅

I always go in with the mentality that a vehicle purchase should be a WANT, not a NEED. Takes care of all the psychology, stupid sales bs tactics before I even drive to the dealership and helps me walk right out if it starts 😁
You've ordered and don't have a confirmed price?? You might want to check out the spreadsheet in my sig for dealerships selling under invoice.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
You've ordered and don't have a confirmed price?? You might want to check out the spreadsheet in my sig for dealerships selling under invoice.
Nope 😅 I've had good experiences with my dealer over the years, so I'm not super concerned.

And thanks, I did look through it back before I ordered, but there were no nearby dealers for me to work with, so I just stuck with the dealer I'd bought my SRT from in 2019.

Like I said, if they somehow end up pulling shenanigans with me as it gets closer to arrival, I have no problem walking away from the order 😁

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
I wish all dealers had below invoice like Jeep does. Trying to buy a GMC and no one will budge much below MSRP, even Koons.
GMC has 0% financing, they gotta make their money somewhere and that means no discount.
Sponsored