Sponsored

SoCal Dealer Markups $10k+ on 4xe

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WK2 Limited, 21 JLUR 4xe
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. Lifetime Jeep owner, but never owned a Wrangler. Happy to say that I now have a Rubicon 4xe headed my way, and I thought that sharing some info on my painful journey this weekend might help others in the Southern California area.

This Saturday, I decided to sit down and call all dealers in the area to check 4xe inventory, and possibly find one that will fit the bill. I called roughly nine dealers in the Los Angeles dealers, and to my surprise, all of them are putting a heavy markup on the 4xe. I found one Rubicon 4xe that was listed at MSRP, in-stock, and ready to roll. So I made my way up to the Bravo dealership in a cab for 55 minutes across LA, only to find out that their online advertising does not include the markups (everything was listed MSRP)... I got there and the sales associate had a $10k markup on the Wrangler; I'm talking $75k before taxes. He would only come down to a $6k markup. I left very frustrated, and have a report into the DMV investigative offices for bait-and-switch practices.

After all this and being glued to the phone, it seemed like I was going to have to custom order one. I received a Yelp message from a guy named Jeff, in response to my review of Bravo Jeeps dishonest service. Jeff is an Auto Broker in South Bay, and he said he was not only able to get MSRP, but he was able to get a pretty sizable discount. I've never used an Auto Broker, but all my friends swear by them. I did about three hours of research on the guy and his company, and everything was legit, it all came up very clean and he has glowing reviews on LeaseHackr. So I took the bait.... I sent him the build I was after, and it totaled about $67,595 on the Jeep website. Jeff was able to get back to me within 15 minutes (on a Sunday) and had one lined up for order at $63,000. Thats a 6% discount from MSRP. All he asked for was a $600 broker fee, and now I have a build order in hand. Not only that, but he is very upfront about the dealership he uses, and gives you all the contact info to the dealer rep if you need it.

TL:DR - Jeff at Beach City Auto Brokers is fantastic, and I can't thank him enough. He got me the perfect 4xe order in place, and I avoided all the local dealer markups.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear you were able to find the 4xE of your dreams.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. Lifetime Jeep owner, but never owned a Wrangler. Happy to say that I now have a Rubicon 4xe headed my way, and I thought that sharing some info on my painful journey this weekend that might help others in the Southern California area.

This Saturday, I decided to sit down and call all dealers in the area to check 4xe inventory, and possibly find one that might fit the bill. I called roughly nine dealers in the Los Angeles dealers, and to my surprise all of them are putting a heavy markup on the 4xe. I found one Rubicon 4xe that was listed at MSRP, in-stock, and ready to roll. So I made my way up to the Bravo dealership in a cab for 55 minutes across LA, only to find out that their online advertising does not include the markups (everything was listed MSRP)... I got there and the sales associate had a $10k markup already on the Wrangler. He would only come down to a $6k markup. I left very frustrated, and have a report into the DMV investigative offices for bait-and-switch practices.

After all this and being glued to the phone, it seemed like I was going to have to custom order one. I received a Yelp message from a guy named Jeff, in response to my review of Bravo Jeeps dishonest service. Jeff is an Auto Broker in South Bay, and he said he was not only able to get MSRP, but he was able to get a pretty sizable discount. I've never used an Auto Broker, but all my friends swear by them. I did about three hours of research on the guy and his company, and everything was legit, it all came up very clean and he has glowing reviews on LeaseHackr. So I took the bait.... I sent him the build I was after, and it totaled about $67,595 on the Jeep website. Jeff was able to get back to me within 15 minutes (on a Sunday) and had one lined up for order at $63,000. Thats a 6% discount from MSRP. All he asked for was a $600 broker fee, and now I have a build order in hand. Not only that, but he is very upfront about the dealership he uses, and gives you all the contact info to the dealer rep if you need it.

TL:DR - Jeff at Beach City Auto Brokers is fantastic, and I can't thank him enough. He got me the perfect 4xe order in place, and I avoided all the local dealer markups that are going insane.
If everyone would do what you did and walk out when the thieves charge over msrp the gouging would stop.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
If everyone would do what you did and walk out when the thieves charge over msrp the gouging would stop.
I checked all my locals and only one charged MSRP. However Tom from Chapman mentioned % under invoice pricing and was able to secure an order for a 392.

OP
OP
GroovyGorilla

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was dumbfounded... and the guy still had the nerve to see that I was furious (from being in an $85 Uber for 55 minutes) to say "this will sell fast at that price, better get it while it's hot." Im like, dude... at $10k over MSRP I'm not only throwing my EV incentives out the window, I'm also giving you a massive profit. Who in their right mind would pay that?

Glenn E Thomas in Signal Hill was selling at MSRP, but I'm glad the Broker I went with was well under. I noticed the dealer my Broker used is actually floating around these forums, Rob at Tuttle Click.

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
this is why I'm glad I came here first before buying my JLUR.....

Found out about Kent in Idaho and saved 12% off MSRP on my factory order and had it in less than six weeks....well worth the $100 flight and awesome road trip home.

Next time, check out the forums and save even more money.....but enjoy the new Jeep in the meantime!!!

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
It's ridiculous that dealers are charging mark ups. They have forgotten just a year ago they were giving all sort of deals just so you buy, and now they are all greedy. A lot of out of state dealers are doing much better discount than here. The only issue is if you ever end up with an issue, lemon law would not apply to out of state purchases. I'm glad you found the broker that worked out a deal. Might reach out to him in near future when 22 models are ready to order.

OP
OP
GroovyGorilla

GroovyGorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think what I read was - one of the good guy dealers on here - Rob at Tuttle Click will give you the best deal in SoCal, which you can prob get without paying a $600 broker fee 🤫. I didn’t bother doing the math though.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/
I was thinking that, and the broker I worked with used Rob from what I see on the form. Probably should have checked to forums sooner, but I'm also completely fine with the $600 fee. For the headache he saved me, and he was willing to work with me on a Sunday night to get things figured out. I'll be running it as a lease with an allowance from work anyways... so $600 up from a already good deal aint no sweat.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It's ridiculous that dealers are charging mark ups. They have forgotten just a year ago they were giving all sort of deals just so you buy, and now they are all greedy. A lot of out of state dealers are doing much better discount than here. The only issue is if you ever end up with an issue, lemon law would not apply to out of state purchases. I'm glad you found the broker that worked out a deal. Might reach out to him in near future when 22 models are ready to order.
Timing. it is all about timing. People are spending like the world is going to end right now. We have to be careful and hunt for deals, or wait. If I had a business and people were offering to pay 10% extra of what I often charge, I would take it. Just how we as consumers take discounts.

We all want to pay as little as possible. I am sure we would like to be paid as much as possible. Is that "greedy"?

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Timing. it is all about timing. People are spending like the world is going to end right now. We have to be careful and hunt for deals, or wait. If I had a business and people were offering to pay 10% extra of what I often charge, I would take it. Just how we as consumers take discounts.

We all want to pay as little as possible. I am sure we would like to be paid as much as possible. Is that "greedy"?
I understand your point. As you said it's all about timing. I'm thinking near future things will get back to normal and we don't have to deal with this kinda things. I would personally wait for prices to settle. In my opinion, these kind of mark ups and in some situations price gouging need to be stopped. But yes, businesses will do anything to make a extra dollar, even at cost of loosing some customers.

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
This is why I ordered. Found one to my liking in NC and got a great trade offer on the Land Cruiser but the dealer wanted a $5k ADM.

spleev

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
The ADMs are ongoing. I have been trying to buy a Sahara 4xe without an ADM and with the national lease deal advertised on the Jeep.com website for the last six months. Also tried to buy an in-stock car with Friends and Family discount.

Not one dealer will take F+F and ADMs are still ranging from $5k-$10k despite the fact theres at least 150+ 2021 4xes in stock at dealers in SoCal. I spoke to one sales manager and he was straight with me saying they will not do the lease deal as it costs them another $5k and no in stock cars are selling without an ADM.

I finally just ordered a car as I'll get the F+F honored, get the rebates and get whatever lease incentives are happening when the car lands. Now I just have to wait.

Funny thing is I leased a Sport Unlimited in 2020 and the dealer almost gave the thing to me. I'll be buying that one off of lease.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. Lifetime Jeep owner, but never owned a Wrangler. Happy to say that I now have a Rubicon 4xe headed my way, and I thought that sharing some info on my painful journey this weekend might help others in the Southern California area.

This Saturday, I decided to sit down and call all dealers in the area to check 4xe inventory, and possibly find one that will fit the bill. I called roughly nine dealers in the Los Angeles dealers, and to my surprise, all of them are putting a heavy markup on the 4xe. I found one Rubicon 4xe that was listed at MSRP, in-stock, and ready to roll. So I made my way up to the Bravo dealership in a cab for 55 minutes across LA, only to find out that their online advertising does not include the markups (everything was listed MSRP)... I got there and the sales associate had a $10k markup on the Wrangler; I'm talking $75k before taxes. He would only come down to a $6k markup. I left very frustrated, and have a report into the DMV investigative offices for bait-and-switch practices.

TL:DR - Jeff at Beach City Auto Brokers is fantastic, and I can't thank him enough. He got me the perfect 4xe order in place, and I avoided all the local dealer markups.
Yeah, some other dealers on here could have done it for around $59.5k minus the broker fees.
Sponsored