hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It won't let me post the video, but here's the pics of me cutting a light real ugly. I was more focused on the Wrangler out ahead of me, and completely forgot about the red light cams at this intersection. Funny how front plates are required in NY, but there were no front pics taken.
11112020_152024_0634_1_265_204_1i1.jpg
11112020_152025_0634_1_266_204_2i2.jpg
Haha. Looks like about half way through you were like “oh sh!!” 😂
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

These cameras were outlawed in Texas a few years ago (https://guides.sll.texas.gov/recording-laws/red-light-cameras), for all of the reasons that others have listed in this thread.

It actually became a bit of a mess when this legislation was announced. There's an exemption in place for any existing contracts in place at the time that the law went into effect - they're allowed to complete the contract. As a result, a number of exceptionally greedy (these things only serve to fill the city's coffers) cities quickly went and signed as long of contracts as they possibly could, to "sneak in" under the law. Shady as shady can be.

Also, there are dozens of studies that show that red light cameras don't actually make intersections more safe. In fact, in several instances, the intersections became LESS safe due to people slamming on their brakes to avoid the camera.

I've gotten 4 of these in my life - 2 were legit, I rolled through a turn-right-on-red without coming to a complete stop. The other two were situations where it would have been absolutely unsafe for me to have tried to stop, and I fought those two (and easily won, obviously).

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Haha. Looks like about half way through you were like “oh sh!!” 😂
😆 Yeah, pretty much. I dropped a couple gears when it turned yellow, but there's a second light right after the curve that the other wrangler was responsibly stopping for. Apparently, he didn't care about being a part of this thread as I was. :handsinair:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I was more focused on the Wrangler out ahead of me, and completely forgot about the red light cams at this intersection.
I love how this doesn’t say-

“I was more focused on the Wrangler out ahead of me, and completely missed the red light cam at this intersection.”

as if the important thing is not getting caught, haha. Nevermind running a red light and maybe dying

Lmao 😂 it’s all good @Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I love how this doesn’t say-

“I was more focused on the Wrangler out ahead of me, and completely missed the red light cam at this intersection.”

as if the important thing is not getting caught, haha. Nevermind running a red light and maybe dying

Lmao 😂 it’s all good @Headbarcode
Exactly! I nailed that sweet spot before the others got the green. I wish I could post the video. It clearly shows the front end lifted from the torque followed by the drop of chopping the throttle to hit the brakes. Well worth the $80. 😆

Plus, us Jeeps gotta stick together...
Jeep Wrangler JL Well, that didn't take long... c5616bbc14f2224161cc3046a2fc29a5

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
They did this in Florida and no longer do it. Everyone always contested the tickets and they ended up taking them all down LOL

Contest it. You’ll win.
Same for red light cameras. Local lawyer does them for $50 a pop and schedules them all together to contest them. The aways get dismissed… Not sure why they never removed them. Always seems like those lights are aways a bit shorter and have rear end accidents from people panic braking.
Sponsored