Pretty hard to deny that one.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Busted....lol.

Pretty hard to deny that one.
Maybe? Who was driving his rig. I would argue that completely in court. If my wife was driving and I was home, I’m certain a cop would pull her over and give HER the ticket not me. I don’t roll over that easy.

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe? Who was driving his rig. I would argue that completely in court. If my wife was driving and I was home, I’m certain a cop would pull her over and give HER the ticket not me. I don’t roll over that easy.
Yeppers, that's why in some cities those type cameras are being taken down. Completely unconstitutional... innocent until proven guilty. You don't have to prove you weren't driving, they have to prove you were...

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Yeppers, that's why in some cities those type cameras are being taken down. Completely unconstitutional... innocent until proven guilty. You don't have to prove you weren't driving, they have to prove you were...
This all day long. No way you would be guilty.

DesertRat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Can they prove it was you? Seriously..... I'd be in court so fast it would make your head spin. And you have no idea who was driving at that time.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Can they prove it was you? Seriously..... I'd be in court so fast it would make your head spin. And you have no idea who was driving at that time.
They can't, but it's just like a parking ticket.

OP
OP
broox

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It was only $65 and doesn't go against your record, insurance premium or anything else. Lesson learned... and the pic was kinda worth it.

Hell, I might try to get another one after I make some good progress on my buildout.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
And the constitution also protects your right not to incriminate yourself and or members of your family. Sorry I don’t know who was driving, prove it was me !!

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It was only $65 and doesn't go against your record, insurance premium or anything else. Lesson learned... and the pic was kinda worth it.

Hell, I might try to get another one after I make some good progress on my buildout.
How do you figure a speeding ticket doesn’t effect your insurance premiums? Also, a speeding ticket is a surchargeable moving violation that goes against your driving record. If for some reason they don’t surcharge you based on the fact that they can’t prove it was you shows how invalid the ticket actually is.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I rather donate that $65 dollars to Tots for Tots, Salvation Army, St. Jude’s hospital etc... Then donate money to the goddamn crooked thieving state and their road pirate revenue collecting thugs!!!

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
How do you figure a speeding ticket doesn’t effect your insurance premiums? Also, a speeding ticket is a surchargeable moving violation that goes against your driving record. If for some reason they don’t surcharge you based on the fact that they can’t prove it was you shows how invalid the ticket actually is.
These camera tickets don’t go against your record. By me they have speed cams and red light cams, I’ve gotten a few and it’s jut a fine because as others have said, they can’t prove who was driving, it’s been long documented though that they can still FINE the owner of the vehicle however.

unless you’re going to report your vehicle stolen to avoid a $60 fine!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
These camera tickets don’t go against your record. By me they have speed cams and red light cams, I’ve gotten a few and it’s jut a fine because as others have said, they can’t prove who was driving, it’s been long documented though that they can still FINE the owner of the vehicle however.

unless you’re going to report your vehicle stolen to avoid a $60 fine!
No that’s not what I meant. The fact that they won’t surcharge you proves that this is not legal. In court you would beat that every time, they have to prove within a reasonable doubt that it was you, circumstantial evidence cannot be used to convict someone. You don’t have to admit to driving and you don’t have to lie and say you weren’t, you can simply invoke the fifth and say nothing and there’s nothing they can do about it, they have to dismiss it. They are banking on people bending over and taking it like they are doing you some sort of favor by not surcharging you. It’s nothing but an illegal money grab. I’m not a lawyer but I did minor in criminal Justice so I do have some knowledge on the subject.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No that’s not what I meant. The fact that they won’t surcharge you proves that this is not legal. In court you would beat that every time, they have to prove within a reasonable doubt that it was you, circumstantial evidence cannot be used to convict someone. You don’t have to admit to driving and you don’t have to lie and say you weren’t, you can simply invoke the fifth and say nothing and there’s nothing they can do about it, they have to dismiss it. They are banking on people bending over and taking it like they are doing you some sort of favor by not surcharging you. It’s nothing but an illegal money grab. I’m not a lawyer but I did minor in criminal Justice so I do have some knowledge on the subject.
Documented that they can fine you sounds like a local ordinance, not law!! It is what it is brother, I’m not trying to give you a hard time, I just hate these money grabs.
Sponsored

Last edited: