Mrgrumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2019
So I have two things here to question.
1: I get a random leak/drip from my rear window on the inside of the hard top. When it's raining. Can anyone help if this is normal or should not be happening.

2: my front driver doors basically flood with water from the rain sill on the hard top again is this supposed to happen and is there any recommendations to minimize the flood. Showers are for the bathroom not going to work in my uniform.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
So I have two things here to question.
1: I get a random leak/drip from my rear window on the inside of the hard top. When it's raining. Can anyone help if this is normal or should not be happening.

2: my front driver doors basically flood with water from the rain sill on the hard top again is this supposed to happen and is there any recommendations to minimize the flood. Showers are for the bathroom not going to work in my uniform.
Same happens to my rear windshield, had dealer replace weather stripping 2wice and readjusted there tailgate to make sure proper close. Still have the problem. It doesnt leak profusely just annoying drips...when not raining you can see all the drip trails on the rear windshield. It is what it is I suppose.

And the gutter issue of water dripping in while getting in or coming splashing in if window down and water in gutter is "normal"...design issue/flaw. I say why have the gutter there to begin with? Maybe just have gutters on the hard top part but why have on the front freedom panels?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t advise on the rear glass but as far as the gutters go you can put a dab of clear RTV silicone at each end to keep the rain from dripping off the ends

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Can’t advise on the rear glass but as far as the gutters go you can put a dab of clear RTV silicone at each end to keep the rain from dripping off the ends
Doesnt the water just flow over and around it causing the same effect?

I mean, if not I'll do it..simple enough to try anyway

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Doesnt the water just flow over and around it causing the same effect?

I mean, if not I'll do it..simple enough to try anyway
Adding the RTV just keeps it from running from the ends but like any other vehicle with the ends closed off it’s just going to drip along the edge but won’t pour in at the ends

Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Adding the RTV just keeps it from running from the ends but like any other vehicle with the ends closed off it’s just going to drip along the edge but won’t pour in at the ends
You ever wonder why Jeep put gutters on the freedom panels?? I can see gutter on the hard top, but why gutters on freedom panels?

OP
OP

Mrgrumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2019
Seeing these responses.....I will def have to try the silicone. Might just used some black silicone I have in the house instead of buying some clear stuff. I do wonder the same if this is a design flaw why even have them anyway to begin with.

As far as the rear window issue I might try the dealer once and if no better then I will just suck it up buttercup unfortunately.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would try cleaning and conditioning the rear window seal, I use 303 and condition the seal about once every 6 weeks

It may just be a bad seal and need to be replaced and that would be covered under warranty

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sucks big time that when we spend like $50,000 on a wrangler, like I did on my 2020, that we have to deal w water pouring on us or inside the Jeep. Esp since they know full well of the issue for years now. Pple can act like it’s a small thing all they want, but let’s be real... it’s crap, we shouldn’t have to deal w it and we Def shouldn’t gave to be rigging up ghetto fixes. The biggest thing is sometimes you’re not just simply getting wet because it’s not just pouring on the floor mat... multiple pple have reported that they’ve had theirs bead up, stick to the a pillar and run right down it into the dash...
That’s not good at all, if that happens even once on mine I’ll be going to the dealer so it’s on file for the future if there any electrical problems. Makes me wonder how many pple have had this happen and them or their passenger hasnt seen it.

Very possible, because even with mine damned up at the front with caulk it still does it and I’m sure a lot of you are like me...after the first few times of the stream coming down I just decided that instead of being pissed off and miserable I’ve just accepted it, don’t pay attention, and just get in and out of the jeep fast to minimize the BS. I’m sure that’s been the “fix” for most of us.

Sponsored

Rubencardoso

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon unlimited
Sucks big time that when we spend like $50,000 on a wrangler, like I did on my 2020, that we have to deal w water pouring on us or inside the Jeep. Esp since they know full well of the issue for years now. Pple can act like it’s a small thing all they want, but let’s be real... it’s crap, we shouldn’t have to deal w it and we Def shouldn’t gave to be rigging up ghetto fixes. The biggest thing is sometimes you’re not just simply getting wet because it’s not just pouring on the floor mat... multiple pple have reported that they’ve had theirs bead up, stick to the a pillar and run right down it into the dash...
That’s not good at all, if that happens even once on mine I’ll be going to the dealer so it’s on file for the future if there any electrical problems. Makes me wonder how many pple have had this happen and them or their passenger hasnt seen it.

Very possible, because even with mine damned up at the front with caulk it still does it and I’m sure a lot of you are like me...after the first few times of the stream coming down I just decided that instead of being pissed off and miserable I’ve just accepted it, don’t pay attention, and just get in and out of the jeep fast to minimize the BS. I’m sure that’s been the “fix” for most of us.
I also have the same issue and it literally pisses me off. It gets to the point where my whole door panel is just wet. And sometimes I see it piling up right where the vents are on the dash right above my light switch. I don’t understand why they did this the way they did because every time I open my door when it’s raining I get my floor wet, I get the door sills wet, the door panel wet and sometimes my light switch and dash. And when I mean wet it’s wet. It’s sometimes a little puddle on the floor because all that water from the drain just comes into the car. I usually wipe it off and dry it but this time I just closed the door and left

Rubencardoso

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL Water leaking? 277552FE-20AA-4017-BEBD-95E16842BF74
This is what I deal with whenever it rains. Yes I know this is just from rain when I open the door. But if you zoom into my door handle you can see that area and under my ac vent, that’s all from that stupid drain.
Sponsored