3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Hi guys

Need some help. I was just busy with the vehicle playing around with my air compressor. So engine was one for 10 minutes or so, but didnt drive it.

I noticed some serious fluid deposits under the vehicle. It seems to drip down from a big tank right in the middle of the vehicle. I cant see a specific point where it comes from, there are dropplets all over the side of tank. Dont know if thats the fuel tank or what it is, sorry im not super mechanically inclined. It doestn smell like anything, I think its water. Im hoping its condensation, but it seems like a lot of fluid for condensation.

Was hoping you guys could tell me what it is or what to look for.

WaterUnderWrangler.JPG

LiquidOnTank.JPG
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@3uPh0riK

The water dripping is undoubtedly, coming the evaporator drain associated with the Jeeps, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning). This is normal.

IF you are not sure if it is water, just touch and taste. 8-) If it is not water, stop by your dealership service dept. and have them take a quick looksee..

OP
OP
3uPh0riK

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
The water dripping is undoubtedly, coming the evaporator drain associated with the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning). This is normal.

IF you are not sure if it is water, just touch and taste. 8-) If it is not water, stop by your dealership service dept. and have them take a quick looksee..
Great thanks for the feedback! I hope its water since i got like a glass full of it in my eye trying to see where its coming from. Ill let you know if i go blind then its probnably not water

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@3uPh0riK

I was serious about tasting it by dipping finger in it and tasting..

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Almost certainly AC condensation.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I found this thread, ya I had a puddle as well, thought something was wrong.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored