Was told this engine noise is normal?

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Here is my newest issue. Going up any incline at low speeds and valve train sounds terrible. Have got gas at several different places and still nothing. Dealer said it should be ok. Drive it till it breaks then repeat lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t hear anything, do you have a higher resolution version of this video? Did you record it with some sort of webcam?

OP
OP

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I couldn’t hear anything, do you have a higher resolution version of this video? Did you record it with some sort of webcam?
Sorry no. Had to record it with the phone. Basically it sounds like low octane knock.

OP
OP

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Isn’t there a service bulletin out right now for knock?
Dealer actually said that in the owners manual it says knocking is normal on th 6 cylinder. I'm digging right now.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer actually said that in the owners manual it says knocking is normal on th 6 cylinder. I'm digging right now.
Yeah I just pulled up that service bulletin for you and it says for the 2.0L motor only.. I would imagine they will come out with one for the 3.6L as clearly people are experiencing this issue. I’m pretty sure the d@mn owners manual does NOT say our 3.6L’s should knock LOL

OP
OP

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Yeah I just pulled up that service bulletin for you and it says for the 2.0L motor only.. I would imagine they will come out with one for the 3.6L as clearly people are experiencing this issue. I’m pretty sure the d@mn owners manual does NOT say our 3.6L’s should knock LOL
I agree 100%. But knowing FCA.......its probably buried in there somewhere lol.

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I’ve got it too. Goes away slightly with higher octane and almost completely gone in cold temps.

Doesn’t bother me too much. Got the lifetime warranty so if there issues down the road then it’s covered. I’m more worried about the other issues popping up about the Wrangler on this forum; wobble, frame welds, trackbar weld, etc.

OP
OP

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I’ve got it too. Goes away slightly with higher octane and almost completely gone in cold temps.

Doesn’t bother me too much. Got the lifetime warranty so if there issues down the road then it’s covered. I’m more worried about the other issues popping up about the Wrangler on this forum; wobble, frame welds, trackbar weld, etc.
I to have a load of issues to worry about. I just had the windows down the other day and heard it. Its really bad in person and my dealer is useless.

I haven't had any misfire codes yet. If I run premium fuel it seems to not be as noticeable.
Sponsored